cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipient Domain Disallowed

alldylallday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has any one else received the "recipient domain disallowed" error when trying to send a picture to someone? It only happens with one of my contacts, all of the others work properly. 

7 REPLIES 7

alldylallday

Ya it is a work phone so it could be that I'll have to check the settings on their phone.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have never seen or heard of that error .Does your contact use a business phone by any chance? Just wondering if it is a security issue on his end. 

GC 

tazzy_s

They may need to go to their iphone settings and ensure mms is turned on under settings>messages as usually telus would include mms in an unlimited texting plan unless she has some kind of pay as you go that only gave so many, but not common with post paid plans. I had an android on telus so i am waiting for my PM sim card, so at least with mms , best info i can give. Androids usually uses the built in message app, not like textra app from google play store is being used or anything like whatsapp and as far as mms, usually is auto turned on on a android and gies by by the carrier plan

alldylallday

The exact situation is:

Me - Public Mobile on Android

Contact - Telus on iPhone

And I am trying to text an image or video.

tazzy_s

It all depends. Your friend may need to have mms enabled on their end.  I take you're sending the message with a video or pic via sms. Otherwise if your device is an iphone and your friend's an Android user, you may need to ensure that the option to send as sms is enabled under settings>messages on your iphone esp if signed into imessage . Imessage will send as an imessage to other iphone devices , but doesn't translate so hot to an android. However it sounds like the mms may be not on as that message may be common to get if the person doesnt have mms enabled 

alldylallday

Ya it's really strange. It only happens with one contact on Telus and I don't have any issues with anyone else on Telus (or other carrier).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't send much MMS but when I do it just works.  I have never seen this error message before.  Google searching did not show anything tangible.  Must be a rare error.

Need Help? Let's chat.