cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: So, What is Up with RCS on iOS18?

fourdogslong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do emoji reactions to text work between iOS and android?

I just switched to PM and last night they appeared as separated text like « bob put a smiley face on hello bob »

4 REPLIES 4

fourdogslong

Thanks that is good to know!

hi @fourdogslong 

the RCS between iOS and Google are not working 100% of time.  If either person loses RCS connection, it switches to SMS and converts previous RCS to MMS

also, reactions are limited between iOS and Android, custom emojits might not all work..  However, once both sides upgrade to RCS UP 2.7 custom reactions well be standardized and be supported across the board.  I believe iOS 18 is launching with RCS UP 2.4 so we're not sure when that will be.

fourdogslong

Thanks but it's not that I am unable to enter text or emoji, what I'm asking is whether or not "reactions" are supported between IOS and Android RCS. I have RCS enabled on my iPhone, I can see a discussion with my wife (she's on android) is using RCS, but if she or I react with an emoji to a text, the other person sees it as a separate text.

Here's is the reaction I believe I should be seeing:

And here's what I'm seeing (these are just examples picked on the web):

https://9to5google.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2022/09/google-messages-sms-reactions-1.jpg?qualit...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

hi @fourdogslong it's a phone settings and not a PM issue

Go into the Settings on the Messaging app, Change the input mode to automatic. For some reason, when sim card was changed, the input mode could have changed to Alphabet.

Need Help? Let's chat.