cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot receive verification codes

paul148
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public Mobile and am having the same problem.  But my area code is 289, which has been around for quite sometime.  I also have problem sending text to another 289 phone (Freedom Mobile).  It takes forever to get delivered, sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes an hour!

3 REPLIES 3

paul148
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

#2 did it (for both problems I have: not being able to send text to a Freedom Mobile number, and to receive verification code from bank).  Although now my iphone stops using iMessage to send msg to that phone number.  But as long as I can send message, I am a happy camper.  I also raised a ticket, but maximum_gato offered a fix before support does.  Thanks very much.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@paul148 

Try these troubleshooting tips:

1. Reboot your phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Clear your messaging app cache.
  4. Delete the message thread of the contact.

Test after each tip to see which if any worked for you.

@paul148 wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile and am having the same problem.  But my area code is 289, which has been around for quite sometime.  I also have problem sending text to another 289 phone (Freedom Mobile).  It takes forever to get delivered, sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes an hour!

Text messaging (SMS) has always been noctoriously unreliable across all carriers.  For time sensitive replies, you're often better off calling the other person or using an instant messaging service that shows that the message was delivered and read by the other person.

Need Help? Let's chat.