cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate plan price increase without notification

heather16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I noticed that my rate plan price was increased this month, without notification...this seems odd and unfair. How can I contact Public Mobile to address this issue?

Thanks,

Heather

8 REPLIES 8

@JL9 wrote:

It seemed to be hit and miss as some were notified while others say they weren't, could be in spam mail or the text may have been blocked etc. Some ppl are holding out they will change it back or CCTS will save the say but looking unlikely

The CCTS doesn't set prices and there's no rule again any carrier raising them. The CCTS will encourage the customers who complain about not receviing noitce and Public Mobile to dicuss the situation, but that's about it.  During that interaction, I expect that Public Mobile will give 30 days notification of price increase, except this time, it will be fully documented.  The most I'd expect as a csutomer would be to receive another 30 days of service at the old price.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@heather16 You're looking at an at least 37% up to a 100% increase in your rate for doing nothing other than being a loyal customer and signed up for autopay. A 300% increase if you have referrals or participate in this community. This rate hike was unlawfully executed violating rules and regulations that all telecoms are bound by and even violating their own terms of service. This should not be taken lightly. When it comes around to everyone elses turn then those nonchalant others will care. You can bet on it. I have no thanks for those that don't care about this.

Complain to the CCTS.

It seemed to be hit and miss as some were notified while others say they weren't, could be in spam mail or the text may have been blocked etc. Some ppl are holding out they will change it back or CCTS will save the say but looking unlikely

@will13am wrote:

@heather16 , are you referring to the price increase on the legacy $10 plan?  I believe customers were notified of the price increase.  Such notifications are mandatory.  You could consult a CSA, but it is not going to amount to much.  They can't take back the increase.  

Assuming that Public Mobile forgot to give a customer notfication of this price change, and let's evern assume that Public Mobile even admitted to a specific customer not being given notification. All Public Mobile would then be obligated to do would be to honor the old price for another 30 days.  They could then issue the 30 days of notice in that communication to the customer if they agree to issue a one-time refund for the difference in price.  As I'm sure you know, pricing isn't for this plan for more than 30 days at a time.

heather16

Thank you for your reply. Where is the notification sent? I did not receiving anything.

heather16

Thank you so much for providing me with this information - I have just sent them a private message, appreciate your help!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@heather16 , are you referring to the price increase on the legacy $10 plan?  I believe customers were notified of the price increase.  Such notifications are mandatory.  You could consult a CSA, but it is not going to amount to much.  They can't take back the increase.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Like this, @heather16 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

If after this, you feel your concerns were not addressed, place a complaint with the CCTS, which regulates wireless service providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.