cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Connection Loss Until Reboot?

bbqpeanut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I just switched over to PM last week and I've noticed that occasionally I'll turn on my phone and realize that I'm no longer connected to the network. If I leave my home and walk around outside it doesn't come back either; it just stays disconnected until I reboot and then I tend to get full bars again.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

bbqpeanut
Any other fix suggestions?

bbqpeanut

Mine has always had 4g as the preferred network type and my APN is set to sp.mb.com so I'm not sure if there's anything else to do. It feels like my sim was a dud.. =/

Jchan27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am getting this issue as well. Previously on Rogers and never a problem, but with PM it drops and connects on repeat. Used the APN information on site and switched network to auto connect LTE.

bbqpeanut
Seems the signal drop is back completely. The airplane mode doesn't work. I tried swapping back to my other sims which work fine. Can anyone at PM help me?

MyzMc

Happens all the time to me with iphone4 (on different networks), so i think it is more related to phone.  It especially happens when i lose service (eg: enter subway), and then come out.  What I do is turn on airplane mode and then back off so that it tries to reconnect.

bbqpeanut

bump?

i did a full restart a few times as some people online claimed that fixed the problem (even though i had no issues on my rogers or fido sim)

now instead of it dropping until restart, maybe 1 in 4x whenever I turn off wifi my phone data doesn't re-engage. I still have reception, just no data.

bbqpeanut

I have a OnePlus One and this never happened before on Rogers or Fido before.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1) What phone do you have?

2) Did you experience this on your old provider?

I would first google your phone and the problem, because this sounds like a hardware issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.