cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro EU Version

Annika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro EU Version while on a holiday in Europe.

Amazon technical support told me I should be able to use the phone without problems with a Canadian simcard.

Now being back here it works, but no mobile internet connection at all (I tried LTE, 3G and 2G, nothing works).

Anyone knows what the problem is and/or how to fix it? Someone told me to change the APN settings, but despite trying a bit around (not much knowledge on my side) it didn't help either. Any help appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

Annika

ok, that gives me hope to get it fixed 🙂

thanks!

@Annika wrote:

@Staligeris your phone also the EU version? I am worried that this might be the main problem and not sure whether it can be fixed with different APN settings...

Yes, EU.

Annika

@Staliger is your phone also the EU version? I am worried that this might be the main problem and not sure whether it can be fixed with different APN settings...

Annika

Yeah I am a bit worried they might just refer me to the community. So far the public mobile customer service has been pretty bad and non-existent...if I can't solve this issue I will change the provider as I don't want to throw my new phone away or lack mobile internet^^

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Staliger wrote:

@Annika wrote:

Hi everyone,

Amazon technical support told me I should be able to use the phone without problems with a Canadian simcard.

Now being back here it works, but no mobile internet connection at all (I tried LTE, 3G and 2G, nothing works).

Anyone knows what the problem is and/or how to fix it? Someone told me to change the APN settings, but despite trying a bit around (not much knowledge on my side) it didn't help either. Any help appreciated!

I have the same phone and had the same problem. Visit any PM store and seller there can fix this fast Smiley Happy

@Staliger , What PM stores are you talking about?  The PM Kiosks are for activations and any other 3rd party retail location only does activations as well and have no access to the PM back end at all and can't deal with account issues.  For something like APN they might help but will probably tell you to go to the community.  They make it pretty clear that beyond activation of the SIM card they can't help the customer.

Yes, I refer to PM Kiosks. The person there helped me with SIM activation and APN so the phone could get/send calls/messages and have a stable Internet.

Annika

That's what I tried before, but even with this new added APN it didn't work (or maybe I did it wrong, also possible).Will go to a shop and see if they know what to do

Thanks though 🙂

@Staliger wrote:

@Annika wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have the same phone and had the same problem. Visit any PM store and seller there can fix this fast Smiley Happy

@Staliger , What PM stores are you talking about?  The PM Kiosks are for activations and any other 3rd party retail location only does activations as well and have no access to the PM back end at all and can't deal with account issues.  For something like APN they might help but will probably tell you to go to the community.  They make it pretty clear that beyond activation of the SIM card they can't help the customer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Annika wrote:

Hi everyone,

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Use this setting in your phone and then restart...

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Click here for Android APN Screen Shot

You will need to input the following information :

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Use this setting. It should work.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Click here for Android APN Screen Shot

You will need to input the following information :

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Annika Most likely something wrong with the APN settings. Try to delete all and add a new one with settings found here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Need Help? Let's chat.