cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Porting Number from Chatr

sregmi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently joined Public and initially activated with a new phone number to make sure everything works. After that, I requested for my number to be ported from Chatr. I had to go through this process twice as initially I entered the IMEI and then had to go through support to provide them with my Chatr account number again.

After that I got the text confirming the port from Chatr to which I answered YES (it has been about 12 hours since this occurred). After this, my chatr SIM has completely deactivated and my Public Mobile SIM is not picking up the transferred number. I can make calls/texts through PM but its all through the temp number - I am worried about my original number... 

Another thing that might be informative, is that on my PM Account, I see the ported number under "Your number". But like I said, my phone's eSim is recognizing it as a different number and making calls/text from that temp number.

5 REPLIES 5

sregmi

Thanks guys! I created a ticket - looks like there is some problem linking the ported number with the SIM. They have escalated it so hopefully will get a resolution soon.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

tried reboot the phone?

or you need to check with PM and ask them to refresh your account.  

You might not  be able to open proper Chatbot ticket because of 2FA problem, so just message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sregmi

@Sansan I can't seem to find the change number there. Also the number in the "current phone number" is the right number (the number which I wish to port over to Public Mobile). 

I tried restarting a couple times but no success 😞

sregmi_0-1729196685954.png

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@sregmi  you should be able to change the temp number to yours. Sign into My Account and under the Profile tab,  change number there, and restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.