cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Arunpreet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if I port my existing number with public to another provider can I still use the same sim and get a new number and keep my existing rewards? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Arunpreet wrote:

so i cant use it that sim card at all?

@Arunpreet 

Were you asking if you can 'move' your phone number to another provider, keeping the existing service to the active SIM you now have with Public Mobile?  (i.e. essentially having 2 separate services with 2 different suppliers?)

IF that's what you meant, (and you didn't mean could you use the Public Mobile SIM card with the new provider, which you can not)  the only way to possibly do that would be to first arrange with the other provider that you intend to activate service with them and that you'll be changing your existing number with Public Mobile, in the hope that number might then be able to be picked up by them once it goes into the 'pool' of numbers.

There would need to be significant cooperation and timing involved with the other provider and there's no guarantee they would be able to draw upon that number.

Anyway, it IS POSSIBLE, it just requires a bit of effort and willingness of the new provider to work with you to that end.

@Arunpreet wrote:

That's like asking if you can keep using your old bank card or credit card after changing financial institutions.

The SIM card is permanently deactivated, the unique SIMID number is (theoretically) never assigned again. You have no choice but to buy/activate a SIM card for your new provider.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Arunpreet wrote:

if I port my existing number with public to another provider can I still use the same sim and get a new number and keep my existing rewards? 

@Arunpreet 

If you port your Public Mobile number your Public Mobile account automatically closed and your SIM card cannot be used again.

You will also lose any Available Funds in your balance and any rewards you have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arunpreet : SIM's are provider specific. You can't use them elsewhere. When you port out, the account is closed. Remove your payment card before you go.

Arunpreet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Arunpreet You can't.

Need Help? Let's chat.