cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting when account is inactive

jonathan-r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry if there is a solution for this already, I'm not a very slow mobile device and having rouble searching/loading pages at the moment.

I'd like to port my # over to Freedom Mobile (recently started with them) however my PM account is now inactive as I do not plan to renew my 3-month cycle(12gb/3mnth plan), it is not "Deactivated" however. What are my option to get my # ported over? Can I pay for something such as a $10 PM plan just to reactivate, or does it have to be the full plan amount to reactivate?Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry, but there has never been any $10 plan.  As you've already found out, you cannot port a phone number that is attached to an inactive plan.  You will have to choose from the currently offered plans. Unless you renew your current 90 day plan, only a moderator can help you switch to a different plan. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

Worst case scenario they will require your to reactivae a plan; $20 is now the cheapest.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jonathan-r

Your Public Mobile account has to be active in order to port over to Freedom Mobile. You will need to reactivate your account.  You can contact the moderators via private message by clicking here to reactivate it and perhaps they might let you pay $10 to reactivate your plan. I do not this for sure. The cheapest plan on their site right now seems to be $20 ($18 with autopay enrollment) to reactivate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.