cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

skc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Moderator team,

I wanted to port out my existing number and have a new phone number assigned to my existing sim and account, is that possible?

6 REPLIES 6

skc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, yes that's my worry.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pizzaeh 

I suspect that the OP would like to keep rewards and Available Funds of the original account. That would be lost upon port out.

But that's just guessing. I like the ideas though.

Haha, thought about that after.  Sometimes when people post questions, we almost need to figure out what they're actually trying to accomplish.  Great work detective @Anonymous!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pizzaeh 

I suspect that the OP would like to keep rewards and Available Funds of the original account. That would be lost upon port out.

But that's just guessing. I like the ideas though.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@skc wrote:

Dear Moderator team,

I wanted to port out my existing number and have a new phone number assigned to my existing sim and account, is that possible?

If you want to talk to the moderators, you should send a private message using the envelope at the top right.  

If you port out your Public Mobile number to another carrier, that cancels the Public Mobile line.  HOWever, you could open up another Public Mobile line (before you port out the first Public Mobile line) using a referral from the first ine, to get a $25 referral credit. Then port out the first line to another carrier.  Finally, port in the number (that you were referencing earlier) to the second Public Mobile line.  The result is the same, but you will get a $25 referral credit for the 2nd Public Mobile line.  Good luck.

Just to be clear, using the above method I've outlined, you will lose any credits/referrals you had on the first Public Mobile line

If you're not attached to the Public Mobile number (and just wanted to get rid of it) and want to port in another number, you can port it in anytime.  If it's a Koodo prepaid number, you have to message the mods to do that.

If all you want to do is change the Public Mobile number that is currently assigned, you can 'Change number' as @CellGirl mentions; porting in or out would not be necessary in this case.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@skc

To change the number, click on the "Change number" option located under your self serve profile on the overview page. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skc wrote:

Dear Moderator team,

Even though I'm not a member of the moderator team, I can answer that...you can port out...you can change the number on your account...you can't do both.

Need Help? Let's chat.