cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number, Changing Plan and Auto-pay?

jimmyt197
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Total Newbie here and I would like to port my number, change my plan and auto pay in the next week or two.  What is the proper order?

When I change plans, do I lose whatever is remaining on the original plan?

Or will the balance be pro-rated?

If I use Auto-pay and later would like to change cellphone service provider, how can I be sure that I won't be charged again?

It's a lot of questions but I don't want any confusions later on.  Planning on enjoying the neighborhood over here.

Cheers!

Jimmy

4 REPLIES 4

jimmyt197

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  Would surely help next week when I port my number and upgrading the plan.  Will also use Auto-pay.

jimmyt197

I am upgrading to a higher cost plan since I started with the lowest plan of $ 10.

Will keep in mind your suggestion.

Thank you.

All the steps are done through the My Account module.  As noted in any order you wish.

Question for you, the plan you’re changing to, is it more or less cost than the plan you currently have?

Problems seem to happen on jigher cost changes, rather than lower cost changes.  If changing to a higher cost plan, on your payment date, top up the full amount and do an immediate change.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jimmyt197 wrote:

Total Newbie here and I would like to port my number, change my plan and auto pay in the next week or two.  What is the proper order?

@jimmyt197  No specific order is required. I would setup Auto-pay first, then the port and the plan change last

When I change plans, do I lose whatever is remaining on the original plan?

Or will the balance be pro-rated?

You will lose the remainder. Best to select the plan change to ovvur on yout next renewal date.

If I use Auto-pay and later would like to change cellphone service provider, how can I be sure that I won't be charged again?

Just remove your cc and disable AutoPay before porting out.

It's a lot of questions but I don't want any confusions later on.  Planning on enjoying the neighborhood over here.

Cheers!

Jimmy

Need Help? Let's chat.