cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Wind weird Issue.

Newno
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ported my number 2 weeks ago. The port went successful. I can Send/Receive Calls and Messages and Data Works great. Then, I ported my wife's number last week and it also went well. My issue is that my Wind Sim is still working, I get data on it and i think i can make calls and texts on it. But i don't receive anything. I had 3 months left on my tab and my wife had about 10 months left. I had called Wind before porting, but it looks like they payed off my wife's Tab first and i'm still seeing my Tab unpaid. I'm worried that i'm going to get billed for another month, and I don't know if I should call Wind to Clarify whats going on because i'm afraid they might mess up the Port and lose my number. Should I call Wind? 

21 REPLIES 21

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Weird

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I could still log in. But the guy I just chatted with said it's closed and I have a credit coming.

Rockdaddy22
Good point about being able to log in

Wrazzaqui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I was with wind also you need to call them and cancel your plan, if you can login your wind account it means that it's still active, I went to the wind store to do that but they told me to call customer service.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome news, welcome to the PM family 🙂

jgorman
Even have a $4.20 credit. But will take 2 months for them 2 send it to me. Lol

jgorman
Just got off chat with wind. My account is closed.
Nice 👍
Done with them😀

Rockdaddy22
Perfect

jgorman
I'm in face book chat with them now. Checking. Will keep you posted

Rockdaddy22
A lot have but some haven't

jgorman
So your wife's closed no problem with no contact?

Newno

Once you port out it should be closed with Wind. I had no problems when porting my wife's number, but with my own number there was an issue. I might have to call Wind again when I get the final bill, though, because I think they are going to bill me til the day I called to terminate my account and not the date that the port was done.

jgorman
Yes I guess I should. I've been fully ported for over a week now. And I signed in my wind account and my plan is no longer there. So just assumes it's closed.

Rockdaddy22
It's happening to some people. Test your Wind sim, if it still works then you need to cancel I guess.

jgorman
What? I just ported from wind.
You mean my account is still open?
I thought once you port your account is closed

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, I wonder why Wind isn't canceling account once the numbers been ported, strange

Newno

I called Wind. Took a while for the first guy to understand that i had ported my number out. He then transferred me to retention and confirmed that my number was ported before terminating my account.

Thanks everyone.

Usually, customers are told never to cancel an account when porting a phone number (because doing so prevents the phone number tranfser).

Saying that, I've had the exact same thing happen before when porting out from Wind.  I ported out, the phone number fully transfered (to Rogers at the time), but the Wind service kept working.  And, they had the nerve to keep billing me for another month, even after the port out.  I actually talked to Wind about it after I knew for the sure that my phone number was fully ported just so there would be a record about the discussion, but because it was a number port that CSR didn't really want to touch it (in case of a screw up).  I had to call back again when I got another month's charges on a bill.  Because cancellation is supposed to take effect immediately upon a port out, they did refund the charges, but only after getting a supervisor to intervene.

Here's what I'll have to say.  You will probably have to get Wind to cancel the old account manually.  BUT, do this first.  MAKE SURE your phone number has been 100% ported over to Public first.  I'm not just talking about if incoming calls work, but rather what the porting department's databases states.  Contact Public and make sure that they in fact have full 100% possesion of the phone number first.  Then after you get that confirmation, get that same confirmation from Wind.  These cell phone companies know who each phone number belongs to through that database (that's why customers don't even have to tell them which company a phone number is being ported from).  Only then, and only after you make sure that database says Public/Telus now "owns" the phone number, get Wind to close out the account.  Also, get them to reverse any plan charges up to that point because the account should have already been closed out.

Rockdaddy22
That's very strange, it should've cancelled the Wind account automatically. Maybe you need to contact to close the account.

Newno

No, I receive calls and texts just fine on PM. And so does my wife. 

Rockdaddy22
The port is messed up, it's a failed port. I bet you can't receive calls in your PM sim.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...
Need Help? Let's chat.