cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number (PC Mobile)

sacari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I sent an email via contact us but it's been over 72 hrs with no response, PMed @Mary_M and @Saray_O over 24 hrs ago with my porting info and messages still unread, figured I'd try starting a thread.

I got my Public Mobile account activated no problem, but am trying to port out a PC Mobile number. I selected new number during activation like the instructions said and used "Contact Us" to send porting info.

I have tried porting out my number from "My Account" just to see if it might work, but it gives me the error "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" even with the box checked (when I try seeing if the number is eligible it just tells me to contact Public Mobile), so I'm pretty sure I need Public Mobile to do the port for me.

I know mods are busy with the new promotion, but would appreciate this being solved soon as I don't want to keep paying for 2 phone lines. Thank you! Smiley Happy

16 REPLIES 16

@SueBerg wrote:

I have been told invalid number. I have tried all the "solutions " and none work. PC mobile says Public mobile has to make the move. How do we get help from someone how can do something.

The PC Mobile customer service is correct.  You must have Public Mobile make the request if you wish to transfer your PC Mobile number to Public Mobile.  Since you're coming up an error message, the only way to proceed is to send a private message to Moderator_Team.  They are Public Mobile employees who can assist you.  You'll need to provide your name, current Public Mobile phone number, and PIN to prove that they're accessing your account.  You'll also need to provide them with the PC Mobile phone number that you wish to port in, as well as the PC Mobile account number.

SueBerg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been told invalid number. I have tried all the "solutions " and none work. PC mobile says Public mobile has to make the move. How do we get help from someone how can do something.

sacari

Hi @pizza 

I was porting from postpaid PC Mobile (owned by Telus like Koodo).

pizza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi!

What company were you porting your number from? I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods about my own number, as I'm porting from prepaid Koodo (it's been more than two days at this point, so not as long as others have waited, I know).

Thanks

sacari

Just wanted to update that I actually ended up trying direct messaging Public Mobile on Facebook, ended up getting a response & number ported within 2 hrs! 

Would be curious to hear about the username/email thing as well.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When the mods have a minute, would like a comment on this.  

That text could just be there in error from older days when login/username may have been separate from the email address.  

@imm1304 yes i noticed that after i posted. It makes no sense to me that changing it will not change it but they are allowing you to change it at the same time. It could be that they are referring to community username/email?

imm1304

@NDesai, this quote @sacari mentioned is from the selfserve under My profile >> Change username:

"Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile."

It seems to contradict our understanding of this.  I still remember this change of username in selfserve fixed the issues for several Koodo customers in the past though.  

@sacari@sacari wrote:

@NDesai where can I do this? I don't see a field for e-mail address in Edit Profile. And under Edit Username "Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile."

Are you in your self-serve account? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Changing username under profile will change your email. 

sacari

@NDesai where can I do this? I don't see a field for e-mail address in Edit Profile. And under Edit Username "Please note that changing your Username will not change the email address on your profile."

@sacari wrote:

jheili99 imm1304 thanks! I can't find a way to change the e-mail address on my PC account on self-serve, but I'll try contacting them and see if that may be quicker than just waiting.

But you can change it on Public Mobile self-serve to some other email temporary. 

sacari

@jheili99 @imm1304 thanks! I can't find a way to change the e-mail address on my PC account on self-serve, but I'll try contacting them and see if that may be quicker than just waiting.

imm1304

One more thing you can try:  change the email address linked to your PC mobile account and then try porting from the Public mobile selfserve. 

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

yes, if you have used the same email it might got hung-up as PC shares the same database with other telus subscribers i believe, thus probably causing a confilct... try changing your PC email address to a different one.. you should still be able to do that because for as long as the port is not finished your PC account remains open..

cheers

sacari

Hi @imm1304

Thanks for the quick response! I just tried this and unfortunately didn't work for me 😞

I think it's because I used the same e-mail address as my PC Mobile account. Unfortunately didn't see the posts about that until checking the forums after activating.

imm1304

Hi @sacari!

I have some hope for the authorization error.

Sign out of your account, close the web broswer.  Start the browser, sign back in and go to the number change page.  Before entering any info on the port page, click the "I am authorized ..." checkbox first.  Then enter the PC mobile info and submit your request.

This has worked for several people.  Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.