cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Koodo Number

inkubux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just activated my sim-card.  As per the instruction I have created a new number and asked for a port from Contact-Us

I was wondering if I need to keep my Koodo sim in my phone while it's being ported or If I need to switch to the public mobile sim ?

And how long the process takes usually after the contact-us email has been sent ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

shnukms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Didn't take me that long, just to be safe I left my old SIM alone in the phone for an hour. Then after that I popped in the PM SIM and tested incoming/outgoing voice and SMS.

If your port didn't complete you won't be able to recieve calls - and those would still be directed to your old provider.

Ports generally could be longer depending if you're porting in a landline, or provided incorrect info PIN, IMEI when you were asked to fill in details on your previous provider, or a network issue.

AndreLaranjeiro
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Keep the Koodo sim in your phone until the number is ported.  You will then get a "no service" message on your phone.  At that point you can remove that sim and put in your new sim and continue with activating your phone.  Welcome to PM :)!

Need Help? Let's chat.