cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported the wrong number!

patpond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community!

New to Public Mobile, and I wanted to port my number to essentially cancel my service with my current provider.  I got all set up, subscribed to a service (text only), picked a number, and away I went.  I followed the instructions on how to port my number, but I made a mistake, I entered the wrong number.

So, it was like this :

I have phone #1 with Koodo - this is the number I want to port

I have phone #2 with Virgin 

I entered the number from phone #2, but the account info from phone #1  (D'oh!)

To add to mess, I logged in to Public Mobile tonight, and said to myself - Shoot!  I figured the first port wouldn't go through since the account info was wrong, so I went to port the correct number, with the correct account info  -  I screwed up again, and typed the wrong number!  But this number is my wife's!  Don't ask...  Now, if I go to the screen to port, the number I want to port it says this :

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

So here I am.  

Have I totally screwed up, or do I just have to wait and try later?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@patpond, if you are lucky, the port got stuck and nothing happened.  The easiest way to check is to try your old services and see if they are working.  In the mean time, you should also contact the moderator team and have them confirm what has happened.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would message the mods with exactly what you want done.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.