cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture download with texting

spc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Intermittently I cannot receive pictures via texting

I can send pictures, I can receive some pictures, while a few other pictures sit as a download, pretty blue circle rotating saying downloading, and haven't been able to download certain pictures for a couple weeks.  Not sure why some come in while others sit as a download 

2 REPLIES 2

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@spc 

turn off device take out SIM card and reinsert back turn on,

reset network settings
and check  APN Settings
tried manually selecting network 3G only or WCDMA only
and rebooting device.

if your device is Android,

• go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if outgoing texts messages from specific contacts

Delete that contact and Verify that their phone number is correct,
add it again.

• Check if you need to specify a country code (e.g) add  +1 or  in front of area code

• if sending MMS messages

Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,

• check your software ios update date,

and rebooting device. i hope is helpful.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@spc - there has been other reports for weeks about this. Not sure if your situation is the same though, until other troubleshooting is done.

Can you confirm you have data left on your plan...check your overview section in this area below. If the data line is not showing than that normally means you used it all up for this cycle. In that case, consider purchasing a data addon if needed to get you by until your plan renews again. 

Both iMessage and Chat Features require a wifi connections or data to send/receive texts.

• if iMessage and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.
  • if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If the above it not applicable then try:

• restarting your phone
  • clear messages app cache
  • uninstall and reinstall your messages app
  • perform a reset of the device's network settings

Can your try your sim into another compatible phone to see if the messages work better?

If still the same, then contact CSA and see what they say (please come back here to share the results, if you don't mind).

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If the sim works in another phone, then contact the customer support of the manufacturer (of your device) and see what they have to say.

edit to add

Need Help? Let's chat.