cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transfer

Leventturkkan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I activated my sim card but i think i entered wrong information about my previous provider. Now it asks me to complete my sim card activation but when i try to do that it starts from the begining. I dont want to make another payment again. I can make a call but cant receive any calls now
6 REPLIES 6

Leventturkkan
Its been nearly one week, still I cannot receive any calls, I sent a message to a mod and its not even read. How long do i have to pay double bills? I dont want to send the same msg to every mod i see and harrass them but maybe i should look for a couple of more mods.

Korkyjohnson

Sorry for the late reply

Open a ticket here:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Leventturkkan
Thanks for the answers so far. How can i open a ticket?

Korkyjohnson

You should get a txt that says something like:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

When you have fully transferred over.  It took my number 4days to be fully transfered but I did the following in the mean time:

- Opened a ticket such as your asking for community advise

- Opened a ticket w/ public mobile and provided the following information

- Be patient

In my case, when someone responded to my ticket, the advised that they had missed entering some information during the porting process.  Once that information was submitted, the porting process was done in < 10mins.

As dumb as this sounds, it really is worth the wait.  The price is right and the community here is fantastic!

Good luck and keep us posted!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If the port does not go through, you will need to contact one of the mods. send them your old provider account name and number and your phone number.  be warned that response time is delayed can be a couple days (mb longer).  if you have a spare phone i would put your old sim in there and possibly go around with two phones until the port is complete.  

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wait several hours, and see if it's fully ported. You should get a text message when it has successfully ported. 

Need Help? Let's chat.