cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number in Android settings and data

simpligillity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got a Public account and also transferred my old number. Phone calls and texts are working, however there are two issue:

* My transferred phone number does not show in the Android - About phone - Phone number (sim slot v1) ..Instead the public number I had before the transfer for a short while still shows. When will that fix itself or do I have to do anything?

* Data is not working. It shows as 3G  but no access actually works. It also connects to a Telus APN

Any tips?

4 REPLIES 4

@simpligillity wrote:

also - I know I can probably ignore the number in settings but is there some sort of record that links that number to my device or sim card. If so it should probably be updated by someone somehow..

Your phone number has already been linked to your SIM card.  Sometimes, the information that identifies the number to your device doesn't get updated, but that doesn't usually have any effeect on your services.  Sometimes, the number updating is only a matter of restarting your device.

simpligillity

also - I know I can probably ignore the number in settings but is there some sort of record that links that number to my device or sim card. If so it should probably be updated by someone somehow..

simpligillity

Awesome. That worked. I wish users would be directed to make sure that set up is done as part of signing up.

@simpligillity wrote:

I recently got a Public account and also transferred my old number. Phone calls and texts are working, however there are two issue:

* My transferred phone number does not show in the Android - About phone - Phone number (sim slot v1) ..Instead the public number I had before the transfer for a short while still shows. When will that fix itself or do I have to do anything?

* Data is not working. It shows as 3G  but no access actually works. It also connects to a Telus APN

Any tips?

Is your service working with the correct phone number?  If it is, the number that your device displays can be ignored.  As for the APN settings, you'll need to change that yourself. Please start here for some corrected settings:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.