cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

patBremer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone stopped working, i tried a sim card from another phone & it worked. I tried to put in a new sim card but comes with an error. I noticed the sim card last 4 # don’t match with the old sim card.

11 REPLIES 11

Nancy26

Problem resolved

@patBremer  what do you mean deleted your account?

Did you change your sim card number in your account to the new sim card number you have on the new sim?

Did you go to plans and add-ons and mark the account as lost/stolen? If so now you have to go back and change it to found.

patBremer

I deleted my account installed new sim card, it now shows network on phone but can’t call, it tells me to call *611, that says to go to web page help.

@patBremer  at this point you have to mark the account as stolen. to block whoever simjacked you from causing more damage.

Change PM password and all your other passwords to strong ones. Check your financials for fraud as well PayPal if you have.

Once you mark as stolen it will block them from the sim that they are using. 

The stuff on your account will stay as is if they don't use any one it.

At this point you have 2 options.

1 - Contact moderators. They have away to get everything back on the sim you have.

2  Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card or if you already have a new one lying around. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Suspending phone endures others people can not use it. You can unsuspend at any time.

But change your login info.

Edit see jb post. Re new simcard. Ie don't activate in-store, buy go home and in selfserve click change sim number

patBremer

If i suspend my phone can i save me account data & can i activate another sim card or do i have to start over

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@patBremer wrote:

My phone stopped working, i tried a sim card from another phone & it worked. I tried to put in a new sim card but comes with an error. I noticed the sim card last 4 # don’t match with the old sim card.

@patBremer I am sorry to say you have been sim jacked check your bank cards and change all your passwords 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@patBremer 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate. They have away to get your current sim card working again.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

Let us know!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If the Digits on the sim and account font match something has happened simjacked possibly. I would immediately enable lost stolen. Change account login and pass change sim card in selfserve and contact bank's. To see if any nefarious activity.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@patBremer wrote:

@patBremer   Sounds like you've been SIM jacked.  Log into your account select Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen then Suspend immediately.

Change all passwords for PM account/banks/CC etc.

Then submit a ticket to moderators ASAP either via the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen or send a private message by clicking the envelope icon top right to Moderator_Team.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

. Edited out first post. Re-did post below.

Need Help? Let's chat.