cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petro Canada Mobility

clamchowder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've got one more number to port...

Has anyone ported from PetroCanada Mobility to Public Mobile? If so, what information did you provide to have a successful port?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I provided these 3: Account number = 10-digit phone number, 4-digit PIN code, and IMEI and it's slowing porting over; all but incoming voice calls work at the moment.

I'm on a OnePlus One, and it's showing only have 4G connection. I checked mobile networks, and LTE isn't even listed! (only 4G, 3G, and 2G). Anyone encounter this with their OPO phone?

9 REPLIES 9

bge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently did such a port.  One note, your PIN might not be 4 digits; mine was 6 digits.  This depends what you set up on sign up.

Took about 1h for the port to take hold completely. I still had some intermittent failures dialing from a VOIP provider up to 24h after; 36h after those have cleared up.  Likely it was the provider itself caching some information though, since other providers I tried were OK.

lychee

So here's my short how-to guide for those porting from Petro-Canada. Hopefully this will make your porting process go smoothly.

Initiate the porting process as you would with any provider.

Tip: You should select "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" before checking for eligibility.

In addition to the phone number to port, enter the following fields.

• Account number: same as phone number to port, digits only
  • PIN: a 4-digit activation PIN that authenticates you with PC (not the same as the voice mail PIN)

Notes:

It takes up to 24 hours for the porting process to complete, but usually it's done after 3 hours.

You may need to reboot your phone for the ported number to take effect on your phone.

lychee

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @lychee

Can you please provide me with the following info: 

PM Sim card #: 

Number to port: 

Account number with the previous provider: 

Thanks for your reply @Shazia_K, it's appreciated. I've sent you a PM with the infos you asked for.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved so my daily life can get back to normal again. I hope you and the staff will also get reprieve soon once the customer issues get under control.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @lychee

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please provide me with the following info: 

PM Sim card #: 

Number to port: 

Account number with the previous provider: 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lychee
Thanks computergeek for the info. That's very helpful for a newcomer like me. I followed the procedure on the link you gave and PM'ed a mod and asked to get this issue resolved. Still no answer. Hopefully I will get a reply soon.

@lychee wrote:

A few hours later, I got a text from PM:
Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile,please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

Obviously I shouldn't redo the SIM & Activation process. What should be my next step? Can the PM mods help me for this issue?

This means that your porting failed because the PIN number is being reported as being non-matching. You will need to send one of the moderators listed below by sending a private message (in case they don't see your message posting in this thread).
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

lychee

I'm trying to port my number (from Petro-Canada to PublicMobile) and here are the steps that I went through:

I used the "Change Phone Number" page on their self-serve site.
Entered phone number to port (from Petro-Canada) and checked for eligibility.
    Number is eligible - additional fields are displayed.
Entered the info as follows:
    IMEI: (my new phone's IMEI)
    Alternate phone number: my home phone number, e.g. 5554443333
    Authorization Name: My name as appeared on my Petro-Canada account
Confirmed the change and got this message:
    Phone number change successful

A few hours later, I got a text from PM:
Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile,please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider. Thanks.

Obviously I shouldn't redo the SIM & Activation process. What should be my next step? Can the PM mods help me for this issue?

Thanks.

clamchowder
It's something you would've set up. If you don't remember it, dial 611 to get help; after asking me a couple of security questions, they provided it to me.

damooli

What is the 4 digit pin for PetroCanada?

Need Help? Let's chat.