cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method Glitch (?)

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good day guys,

I don't know if anyone experienced this. I noticed this problem way back on May 2016. I did a confirmation this month (August 2016) to make sure of it. I started using PM's service last year (September), I used my Scotia VISA credit card. I changed my credit card last April to my Tangerine mastercard and I received an error.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information

What I did is I contact my card issuer regarding the problem and they said that there shouldn't be any problem on it. I tried using my other cards (Scotia VISA, Rogers mastercard) and both went well as expected. I tried using the Tangerine MC again and got the same error. Tangerine MC was the last card I used to change my payment method. It was Rogers MC that was on file before that. With that thinking, I'm expected that the charge will be on Rogers MC since the Tangerine MC got an error when changing the payment method. Much to my surprise, the charge went to my Tangerine MC. Yes, the card that got an error and was denied. This made me think that this probably some kind of a glitch.

Fast forward last month, I used my BMO mastercard. It got the same error as the Tangerine MC. It made me think again that this charges will go through BMO instead of my Rogers MC whichw as on my account. And after checking my account today, yeah, it did go through BMO instead of Rogers. 

Conclusion: I guess this is some kind of glitch? It seems like that when you get the error, it is best to ignore it and take it as a confirmation that Public Mobile accepted that payment method? Did anyone experienced this problem?

10 REPLIES 10

rolomonster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The fix in the post above also worked for me. Although that is not how my address was originally set up, my mailing address on my statement shows up in that format. 

Account info shows 123 Happy St Unit# 111. But statement shows 111-123 Happy St.

Thanks @warrenspencer27 & @Vickel!

warrenspencer27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If anyone is still having troubles with this, try the solution provided by @Vickel here.  I was having the same problem, but his workaround appeared to fix it.

Best of luck!

or at least who they use for a payment gateway... maybe that provider needs to update their cards, as the Tangerine MC is a fairly new card.

warrenspencer27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too am unable to register a tangerine mastercard for autopay.  Using a VISA worked just fine.  Called tangerine, they have confirmed that everything looks fine on their end, the address I'm using is correct etc.

Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information

So it sounds like the issue lies on public mobile's end.

@rolomonster unless you try adding a few funds to your account. Make a one-time payment for like $5 and see if it goes through now... then you won't have to wait 90 days.

rolomonster

I was getting the same issue. But I see a $0 charge on my online account. Does this mean everything is ok and I meant have to worry? I won't really know for another 3 months though cause I just restarted another 120 days from my old card.

TroyDaBes

@Vakman If you got the error when you were changing the payment method, it should be fine. I don't know why there's an error anyway. 

Vakman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue with mine. Tangerine thought everything was fine on their end.

I tried to initially sign up with my Tangerine MasterCard but had to pick another one. Trying to move AutoPay over to the Tangerine MasterCard now and I am still having the issue.

TroyDaBes

But PM still used the card that got an error. If it was flagged, it wouldn't even use the card and used the existing one. 

Heavyrocker

I suspect PM system picked up the different card you used and ''flagged'' it for security reasons.

Need Help? Let's chat.