cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PROBLEM] Initial Activation Failed + Invalid SIM

Kailunee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was super excited to finally switch from TELUS to an affordable and tempting carrier. 

Upon receiving the SIM card, I headed immediately to activating my phone. Went through 90% of the process flawlessly until I hit the "Activate" button on the last screen and it presented an error saying the activation request failed. 

I tried restarting the entire activation process, but now I cannot input the SIM number without getting an "invalid SIM" message.

I've inserted the SIM to see if it may have been successfully activated, but it was not. 

Do I have to order another SIM card or could there be another solution?

Edit: I've been charged the plan cost.

2 REPLIES 2

Kailunee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@MoreYummy I've tried logging in, but seems like my account wasn't properly activated either and I've been using an unlocked phone with the no service message and icon. 

And thank you for tagging a mod to resolve this issue.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@KailuneeHave you tried to log in using the information you provided, it might be successfuly internally.

Is your phone unlocked, what does it say on your phone when your sim card is inside?

If nothing above works, you need to message one of the mod and give them your sim card number and let them fix it.  @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.