cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE NOT WORKING: HELP OR REFUND!

prateekt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly, what does it take to get some help around here?

I am extremely disappointed with the service here and I've been waiting for about a week to get help for my phone activation. My phone is not activating/porting and everytime I try to log into my self-serve, it says attempt failed. I've been charged $120 on my credit for no apparent reason (what am I even paying for if the service doesn't even work?). I've contacted several moderators and sent several emails, yet nothing is being solved. I've followed ALL the steps to get help and messaged both @Shazia_K and @Mary_M!! 

When can I get help? If no one can help me out, I would prefer a refund. 

19 REPLIES 19

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I was critical because of the tone of the message.

srlawren

@daredogg FYI I actually didn't mean to be critical, I was just trying to point out that @josephcommerce didn't need to worry at this point.  But, in retrospect I can see how it could come across wrong in a toneless electronic medium.  Thanks for bringing it up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks @srlawren that's all I was trying to say. Especially if someone is new. Let's take it as an opportunity to help new people learn how things work around here.

srlawren

@daredogg you make a great point.  I make a habit of opening up many tabs with most of the unread threads since my last visit, and then going through them one by one.  Often times I will have missed newer replies before I add my own.  Thanks for putting yourself in others' shoes!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

We've all been there... replying to a message and posting, only to have 2 others beat us to it. Anyway... 

Rockdaddy22
Why doesn't he give the mods a break. They're working hard. No need to tag them and bug them about Telus and whatever else. They've improved the backlog tremendously lately, no mention of that though.

I'm going to bed now 😴💤😴💤😴💤

Give @josephcommerce a break! They just took too long to post their message, before 3 others already responded.

@srlawren I was about to do the same and noticed there was a page 2 to the thread lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@josephcommerce you're just a little late, this issue was already resolved.  🙂

EDIT: oops I think I just did the same thing, forgot to refresh this tab before replying, and I see @Rockdaddy22 beat me by a dozen or so minutes.  

Rockdaddy22
It was already solved over 20 minutes ago. Why tag her and just make things worse, they're doing they're best and useless tags don't help.

josephcommerce
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

HI..

Yes, I see @Shazia_K, online.. she can help.

Just msg here again... and keep msging once every other day.

I hope public mobile can hire more MOD to help.

I am sure why the fall promo they must have more user now.

I think public mobile should ask Telus for more hiring budget.

Maybe we should all email Telus and ask that public mobile get more budget.

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
I thought putting the name was the easiest part 🙂

prateekt

Just checked the sim card, and it finally works. Thanks for the help! Appreciate it. 

Great work and thank you Shazia

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

prateekt

@Shazia_K Thank you for messaging.

I will check the sim. As for my brothers account, it seems like his phone started working yesterday. As mentioned in the private message, I had messed up on "Name on Old Service Provider", which is why I think mine didn't work. 

YAY shaz!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @prateekt

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

I was able to look into this and I was able to fix everything on your account the port from Bell should complete in the next hour, can you test your SIM card please? also create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

For your brother's account, I will get back to you by replying to your PM. 

Thanks @ShawnC13

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

prateekt

@ShawnC13 I hope so, I've been patiently waiting but I'm losing my patience now. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I know @Shazia_K is on and helping others maybe hopefully she will be able to get to you soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.