cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5 Release

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Ok who will be getting this phone.  I am not an Android user but this phone is getting my interest.  Anyone going to watch the release if they do can you post some updates can't get it at work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

71 REPLIES 71

aday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if anyone is going to buy one here is my referal link you will get a $30 accessories credit and i will earn some points.

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/invite#HRTUN7QF312X0H

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
While I don't care much for the look of the phone since it will be in a case anyway; 649 CAD is actually not a verybad price at all, almost half of what Samsung and Apple and co are charging. Now I don't know what to get when my GS 5 will die , this beast or BlackBerry Priv

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was finally able to get my 128GB midnight black order via US site before it sold out will have to pick-up across the line...missed out on the 50% discount welcome bundle though hopefully OP will offer something for early drop's Man Frustrated

@srlawren the s8 is beautiful, my co-worker just got one! Im a bit jealous. But good thing about android. I can get rid of that samsung launcher, and add the google one!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x hey, any move away from an iPhone to an Android is a good move in my books!  🙂  Seriously though, those A-series Samgungs are decent devices at a much better value-for-the-$ than the flagship phones, albeit less jazzy.  Not everybody needs the glitz of the flagships.  (Though, seriously, other than the fingerprint sensor placement, and Samsung's software&ecosystem, those s8's are GORGEOUS devices--let's be honest!  oh, and price. ouch.)

I hope you enjoy your A5!  🙂  I think for the pricing you're going to be pretty happy.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren its still an attractive price, given what prices are now. Im the verge of selling my iphone and getting a samsung a5. Right now its $450. I dont normally like samsung, given touch wiz, ect. But its waterproof, usb c, and a decent battery and camera ( i hate taking pictures) and all of that other neat techy stuff (it also has NFC)

srlawren

@xCameron94x yep it's pricey.  And if you want midnight black you have to go for the even more expensive 128GB/8GB model. 

But compare that $649 to the [outright, no contract subsidy] price of other flagships....

Samsung S8:  $1,035

Samsung S8+:  $1,115

HTC U11:  $899 

LG G6 base:  $900 

iPhone 7:  from $899 (32GB base model)

iphone 7+:  from $1,049 (32GB base model), or comparable 

Still looks like a great value to me!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

Honestly if I didn't already have a OnePlus 3 that I'm still pretty **bleep** happy with, I'd have ordered this one right away.  Yes, it's more expensive, but compared to the big boys it plays with, it's still a great value.  The only real downsides are lack of any IP rating (booo!!!!), still "only" 1080p screen (don't care, better for battery life and totally adequate on a 5.5" anyway), and looks a bit more like an iPhone 7 (but is very handsome so I don't care there either).  

One really cool thing is that it's finally a SINGLE phone for all regions.  The LTE band support is stunning, including anything we use on Public, plus band 66 for FM, plus really anything you'd need to travel around the world (with local SIM cards, of course 😉 ).

Yes I had read this and it is mainly because if their attempt to increase camera quality and compete with top end phones with top end Camera's

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13Am definitely interested although there's some scuttlebutt that the phone will come with significant price increase over their previous models.

Need Help? Let's chat.