cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Public Mobile SIM Card

christiana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have a Public Mobile SIM card that I haven't used for a while. I was wondering if I could use it again instead of getting a new one and still have my old prepaid plan?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Martin
Legend
Legend
christiana,

There is no such thing as an impertinent question in a community intended to reply to members' question. There are only arrogant people who believe that a question is "beneath" them.

Though there are no hard and fast numbers, it takes up to about 3 weeks before receiving a SIM invitation.

Cheers.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I guess they figure you are not interested in keeping the account and put the phone number back in circulation. All the telco companies do not not just PM.

christiana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why does public mobile delete the number from the system after 90 days? [sorry if it's an impertinent question]

Also, how long does it take to get accepted as a beta customer? When is public mobile going to launch? Do they accept many people before their launch?

@christiana@DK is correct. If account remained Suspended over 90 days, 91st day account is put to sleep permanently, and you will have to rejoin PM with the New Plans ONLY.

Currently, PM is in Beta mode. Which means PM is currently in a Test Mode, and NOT YET officially open to the General public yet. If You wish to become a PM client, You must sign-up to PM's Beta and await an official Invite to PM's list of Beta clients who enjoy $10 off for 12 Months, and also benefit from Rewards as well. The Downsides are No More IVR *611/1-855-4Public call centers, or Global Txts, though Global Txts can always be added later on, I hope. 

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi if by old you mean it has been greater than 90 days since your last payment was due for the phone number associated with the old sim the answer is no!
You will come to that realization when you go to log in and pay and your account has been deleted.

If under the 90 days then you should be able to top up and proceed as normal with the old number/sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.