cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Number of PM active accounts

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just curious to know if anybody knows the approx. number of active PM accounts. like the number of active SIMs that PM has at the moment in Canada... i tried to Google it but the numbers are all referring to the pre-rebranding times... 

Basically I'm asking: has anybody counted "us"? 😄

11 REPLIES 11

Devil_tear

you are right... they are not considered MVNO, but PM is...

PM is still owned by Telus, running their services on Telus network, so i really don't understand the difference...

i thought that if you own spectrum and the equipment to run that spectrum you are a Mobile Provider, if you do not own spectrum or equipment you are automatically an MVNO...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I believe an mvno is a separate company that runs on someone else's network

Rockdaddy22
Those company's are owned by the big 3

Rockdaddy22
Actually I don't think they are not considered mvno's I'm pretty sure about that, but not positive

Devil_tear
@Rockdaddy22 yup, Koodo, Fido, Chart, Virgin Mobile are all considered MVNO's since they do not own there own network

Rockdaddy22
I don't think they are considered MVNO's are they

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cool, thanks. Good to know 🙂

Devil_tear

@Watoko Well... not sure about the other MVNO's like Koodo and Fido ect... but this will give you an idea of the other major companies numbers in Canada (Big 3 and Wind)

https://www.cwta.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SubscribersStats_en_2016_Q2.pdf

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does anyone know how this compares with other companies such as Wind, Koodo, chatr?

Devil_tear
That was my guess too... 270-300.000... I hope somebody will release some official numbers when the fall promo is over.. That would be cool.. 🙂

imm1304

Good question, @Devil_tear!

When Telus bought PM, there were around 200,000 customers.  During the big change to the Telus network and rise in prices, perhaps they lost 50,000 customers.  Then, there has been a slow but steady growth for 1.5 years until this summer.  Probably reached around 225,000 customers.

First PM launched the $38/2GB per month plan and got excellent response.

Now, with this super hot promo, there is even faster growth happening.  

I would say there must be around 270,000 of "us" now.  

It goes without saying that these are my guestimates.. not really based on any real data.  

Need Help? Let's chat.