cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not porting - no help from Support

omarr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings Public Mobile community.

I tried activating a SIM with Public Mobile while porting a number from Fido (yes, my bill is paid - I supplied my account #, name and IMEI). Gave me an error on activation, tried the SIM; nothign works. My account details don't work with that email (login/password), tried re-registering but it keeps flagging my SIM # now as invalid? (red box) so I'm out at least $5 for that SIM. I created a ticket 24 hours ago, PM'd multiple Community mods, Tweeted em. No response!

I just signed up with a SECOND SIM on a Public Mobile given number with a new email. Successfully signed up...then I tried porting my old Fido number through self-serve and still no luck! Can anyone give me some guidance? Or direct me how to get some help. I don't want to enter another billing cycle with Fido!

2 REPLIES 2

omarr

Nothing works. Call, text, data on first SIM do NOT work. Asks me to login to the network - no bueno.

Ryo

Hey, sorry to hear about this. Hopefully someone will get out to assist you soon enough. 

But some basic questions, what happens when you try to use the first SIM? I had a similar issue, and it actually partially activated for me.

I've been waiting for my porting issue for over a week now. 8 Days and counting for me.

Hopefully they've taken time to triage some of the backlog of requests and get help out to those who need it quicker.

Need Help? Let's chat.