cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Trasnfer

Rihabchafi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I tried to transfer my number from public mobile to Koodo, once I confirmed the request on Koodo’s online application  I lost my account with Public Mobile and the signal !and my number hasn’t been transferred to Koodo!! Does anyone know what can the issue be please ?? Koodo’s customer service asked me to contact public mobile to ask if there is a protection plan on my number that doesn’t allow the transfer ! But I don’t know how to contact them !! Th problème when I try to contact my number they tell me it’s out of service !! Please help !!

10 REPLIES 10

Rihabchafi

I am calling  them everyday for the past 3 days, they said it’s a matter of time 😕 I will call them tomorrow again.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your responses.

@Rihabchafi wrote:

Koodo said that they are working on it but it has been over 48 hours now and It is still not fixed. They said sometimes some numbers have protection plans from the service provider !! My Public mobile account was active I was paying my bills on time. But once I did the transfer I can’t access my public mobile account anymore !

@Rihabchafi  - yes, as soon as you port your number out of Public Mobile, you do not have access to Self Serve any longer.

Have you tried connecting with Koodo recently again? I would if I were you. Keep on them, and good luck.

Rihabchafi

Koodo said that they are working on it but it has been over 48 hours now and It is still not fixed. They said sometimes some numbers have protection plans from the service provider !! My Public mobile account was active I was paying my bills on time. But once I did the transfer I can’t access my public mobile account anymore !

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rihabchafi wrote:

Hello, I tried to transfer my number from public mobile to Koodo, once I confirmed the request on Koodo’s online application  I lost my account with Public Mobile and the signal !and my number hasn’t been transferred to Koodo!! Does anyone know what can the issue be please ?? Koodo’s customer service asked me to contact public mobile to ask if there is a protection plan on my number that doesn’t allow the transfer ! But I don’t know how to contact them !! Th problème when I try to contact my number they tell me it’s out of service !! Please help !!

@Rihabchafi  - why are you needing to go to Public Mobile??

Koodo should be able to handle the porting process. Is your Public Mobile account ACTIVE, or at least suspended within the last 90 days?

If over 90 days, that number may be gone. What happens when you call your phone number that you tried to port?

EDIT - sorry, you did say you called your phone number....

After 90 days of suspended/non-payment status, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), any rewards or Available Funds balance that was in your account at time of suspension, and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Rihabchafi

They said the number is not reflected in their system ! They have been working on it for over 48hours now 😞 it’s really frustrating !!

Rihabchafi

Thank you for your reply, I will try that !

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rihabchafi wrote:

Did Koodo confirm the porting not completed?  Did you try reboot your phone?  Usually after you replied YES, it might still take 30 min to 2 hours for the porting to complete.  Reboot your phone every 15 minutes for update

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Rihabchafi wrote:

@Rihabchafi 

Contact PM via this link :

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1doJroLwunnRGLWzZ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rihabchafi 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.