cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

ashishg1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am unable to receive texts and it appears everyone is receiving texts from me just fine. I recently bought US roaming bundle and it seems like people do have issues with that when it expires. Can someone please assist. I did mail moderator team however no reply and this is fairly urgent issue as to work i need MFA and just so happens its trying to send a text on my phone! Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

That totally makes sense:)

Thanks @srlawren 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @srlawren 

Here is the one mention of turning on the roaming and restarting the phone, but that is not the one i originally saw. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-Receiving-any-text-messages/m-p/46781... 

@totalUser I would suspect the "restarting the phone" is what got the texts flowing again, not turning on roaming.  Sometimes restarting is necessary after the expried add-on falls off (though for many people the texts just start without it--that was always my experience).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hi @srlawren 

Here is the one mention of turning on the roaming and restarting the phone, but that is not the one i originally saw. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-Receiving-any-text-messages/m-p/46781... 

srlawren

@totalUser wrote:

Couple of days ago somebody mentioned after turning on &off roaming and restarting the phone they had a bucket full of messages poured into their inbox

@totalUser this actually makes little sense.  In the past at least, every single message sent to you during that "up to 24 hour" window between the add-on expiring and the expired add-on falling off your account was completely lost and never delivered (nor any indication sent to the originator that it was not).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hi @srlawren 

I'll try to find it in my browsing history

Toggling on and off roaming then restarting was mentioned yesterday

Couple of days ago somebody mentioned after turning on &off roaming and restarting the phone they had a bucket full of messages poured into their inbox

Stay Safe!

srlawren

@totalUser wrote:

@ashishg1 

Some people managed to have it working by enabling the roaming while back home

@totalUser they did?  Admittedly I don't (and can't) read every post on every thread in the community, but I don't recall ever seeing this mentioned before.  Do you have any links handy where people have said this worked?

GaryW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You might also check your APN settings, which should be as follows:

Name: Mobile Internet

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password:  Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: default,mms,supl

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This issue doesn't seem to go away. Hopefully, PM gets a handle on it soon.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@ashishg1 

Some people managed to have it working by enabling the roaming while back home. If that doesn't work, it will just take time.

It should resolve by itself, to speed it up the only other thing you can do is talk to mods and wait for their (hopefully fast) reply.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I believe time, or @CS_Agent help is the only known solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.