cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting coverage in areas shown on map

sirvar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I live in a border city and traveled to Detroit yesterday. I looked on the coverage map before and noticed that the Telus towers extend well into Detroit and surrounding cities. Yet I didn't get coverage until I was actually on the bridge. I even tried searching for the PM/Telus tower but my phone couldn't find it. I know PM doesn't have to have service there but it seems unfair that it shows coverage on the map.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 12.22.24 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6

that is how you do it on iOS, the steps are basically the same

sirvar

@xCameron94x He said he didn't know how to do it on iOS, not Android

@will13am its basically the same process for android

Settings>Network selection>Carriers> Automatic (toggle off to see list of carriers) 

sirvar

I tried to do the exact same thing. But I could only see Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sirvar, if you are running android, one option is to manually select the network provider and that way the phone won't jump back and forth between Public Mobile and the US roaming partner when you are near the border.  This may help with connectivity.  I have no clue how to do the same thing for iOS as I have never used an iPhone before.  Somebody who knows their way around iOS, please weigh in and offer the similar solution. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's always hard to get solid reception near border. Because network get mixed up and switching issues happen. Even when i go to Niagara falls and get real close to border then I sometimes get issues with reception.
I would say try your sim on other phone. I noticed android get little bit better reception over ios
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.