cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Texts/Calls from Certain Numbers

KrissyL03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched from Virgin Mobile and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8. I am not receiving texts from my sister's Virgin number and from Rogers numbers. Is this a problem caused from transferring my old number to Public Mobile?

8 REPLIES 8

InsBkrMK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

checked the filters those #s are not on the list of blocked calls

i have PM for a while now 

KrissyL03

I'm pretty sure you're exactly right, now my biggest problem is that I've tried to submit a ticket around 6 times now but it doesn't matter how much information I fill out, I can't submit the ticket and I don't know why. This is now my biggest problem, getting a hold of a tech support person. I'm a fan of using the internet as much as possible, but if your system is buggy and there's no way to get a hold of an actual person to talk to than it makes seemingly simple things all that much harder to resolve. If I was able to just call and talk to someone I'm sure I would have had this resolved days ago

@KrissyL03 wrote:

@gblackma 

I switched over one week ago. I get texts from other PM numbers and Koodo numbers. I can send and the other numbers get them but they can't reply or call and I can also make calls to all of the numbers.

If I were to place a wager, I would say that this means that your number porting failed. I'm also going to assume that you never got a text message from Public Mobile that the phone number transfer was done?

When a customer requests that a number be transferred in to Public Mobile, that phone number get assinged immediately to your account. However, that does not mean tthat the port is done.  Until it is done, you will not receive any phone calls from anyone, and you will not receive any text messages from anyone unless those text messages are from Telus, Koodo, or other Public Mobile customers.

First off, check if your Virgin Mobile service is still working. I'm almost willing to bet that it does (assuming that you never asked Virgin to cancel it).  If that's the case, you should keep using your Virgin Mobile service so that you don't miss your incoming phone calls and majority of incoming text messages. If you did accidently ask Virgin to cancel the service, please note that you cannot transfer an inactive phone number.

If my assumptions about this situation are correct, please have your Virgin Mobile account number available.  Then, go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ to open a ticket with the moderators. You will need to provide that Virgin Mobile account number to the Public Mobile moderators to havve complete the number port.

Thanks @KrissyL03  try this,  place your phone on airport mode, restart it, take it of airplane mode and try texting or calling your sister.

If that does nothing, follow @popping 's advice and contact a moderator. Your transfer/ port may be be stuck.

@KrissyL03 wrote:

@gblackma 

I switched over one week ago. I get texts from other PM numbers and Koodo numbers. I can send and the other numbers get them but they can't reply or call and I can also make calls to all of the numbers.

KrissyL03

@gblackma 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KrissyL03 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Porting a mode number will take about a few hours to couple of days.

If over 2 days, your port is stuck.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@KrissyL03 are you getting any texts at all? Can you make or receive calls? When did you transfer your number over? 

@KrissyL03 wrote:

I recently switched from Virgin Mobile and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8. I am not receiving texts from my sister's Virgin number and from Rogers numbers. Is this a problem caused from transferring my old number to Public Mobile?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Checkl your spam filter first you may have accidentally flagged her too so check blocked numbers

Can you get other people messages

When did you port?

It may take up to 4 hours to be complete

If it's not finished yet you should use old sim until it stops working

If everything else looks normal you will have to contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

In a meantime I recommend TextNow with a free allternative phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.