cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

rmyers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

Been with PM for about 3 years.  Generally really happy with it.  Just started having a problem since I returned from the US last week.

I have a large talk, text, data plan.  I went to the US on Jan 26 and purchased the US roaming package for while I was down there.  Ran out of data so I bought a little extra on the last day I was there.

Now the problem....ever since I've been back, my phone is showing me not being connected to Public Mobile.  I'm still getting calls and texts, but very very limited and intermittent data connection.  Basically no internet unless I'm connected to WIFI.  Someone told me that while I was gone there were some issues with some mobile connections due to all the rain here in BC, so I waited a bit but still nothing.  

I use a Pixel 2 XL and I am on the latest version of Android.  I'm wondering if the 10-day US roaming data plan I purchased, which wont expire for a few more days, is part of the problem.

I have cold booted my phone several times as well.

Any help is very much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

Coyote98

Hello,

You can check data usage in My account section on  the homepage.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's possible that all data, plan data and roaming, has been consumed. An add on could be bought for usage now until plan renewal or continue to use Wifi until then.

@gblackma wrote:

@rmyersThis bug should have been fixed. They announced that it was.

Au contraire - they announced that they fixed the bug about texts not working when returning from the US, i.e. the announcement never mentioned data not working.....

rmyers

Not on the south of the island, but I did consider that possibly I'm trying to connect to another company's towers.  I'll keep the post updated once I find a resolution.  Thanks for the commentary.

rmyers

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've submitted a ticket and will post back when I get a resolution.  Thanks so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmyers wrote:

Hi everyone,

Been with PM for about 3 years.  Generally really happy with it.  Just started having a problem since I returned from the US last week.

I have a large talk, text, data plan.  I went to the US on Jan 26 and purchased the US roaming package for while I was down there.  Ran out of data so I bought a little extra on the last day I was there.

Now the problem....ever since I've been back, my phone is showing me not being connected to Public Mobile.  I'm still getting calls and texts, but very very limited and intermittent data connection.  Basically no internet unless I'm connected to WIFI.  Someone told me that while I was gone there were some issues with some mobile connections due to all the rain here in BC, so I waited a bit but still nothing.  

I use a Pixel 2 XL and I am on the latest version of Android.  I'm wondering if the 10-day US roaming data plan I purchased, which wont expire for a few more days, is part of the problem.

Are you possibly in the south of the Island?

Check what network you're connecting to. Maybe when you were in the states you changed over to a roaming partner and now it still wants to hold on to that.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rmyers Contact a moderator and ask them to reset it for you. This bug should have been fixed. They announced that it was. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@rmyers wrote:

Hi everyone,

Need Help? Let's chat.