cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Incoming Calls, Everything Else Works

eric1856
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I see there are a few people with this issue, and I'm new here so sorry if this is not the right way to contact.

I have everything working on my and my wife's accounts, except both cannot receive incoming calls.  We did do a number port-in and that was at about 6PM.  Currently, the incoming calls are routing to our old provider's voicemail.

I have tried restarting the phone a couple of times and no luck (plus both our phones have the same issue).

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eric1856 that's wonderful to hear, I'm glad all is working now.  Yes unfortunately the porting system (in general, not just at Public Mobile) does not appear to be very "forgiving", or tolerant of data entry errors.  Glad all is good.  Enjoy!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

eric1856

@Mary_M @srlawren

Just wanted to say thank you for helping resolve the issue.  I can now receive calls and everything else as normal.  To recap:

I had not entered the reseller name into the porting form, so the port was initially unsucessful.  Once that was inputted, it took 36 hours (business days) to complete.  This was all explained to me politely and clearly in PMs. Best customer service I have experienced in a long, long time.

eric1856

Doing that now, thank you.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @eric1856

Sorry to hear that you're unable to receive calls.

This sounds like a porting issue; can you please private message me your PM phone number as well as the # you wish to port and the account # associated ?

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Shazia_K or @Mary_M, can you please assist @eric1856?  It sounds to me like he may be experiencing a porting issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

eric1856

I am still having the issue as of now.  Is there something that can be done to fix it?

srlawren

Hi @eric1856, welcome to Public Mobile!  Are you still having the issue with calls, or did it sort itself out after a bit of time?

tylerp_105

My port out took about 30 mins.  During this time your old sim card should still be active under your other provider.  Until the port out is finished, your old account should still work.

If for some reason port out did not happen by tomorrow, pop in your old sim and use your old account until the process is completed.  At least this way you can still get calls.  When my port out finished, my rogers sim went dead.  Before that both were up with service.

eric1856

Thank you for the heads up, TroyDaBes.

I will see where it gets by later tomorrow.  I know others here have had their issues resolved by someone from Public Mobile, and I would like to see if that is possible (if needed).  This is my only phone, and I need to be able to get incoming calls on it.

rydeordie99

Yes this means that the porting process hasn't completed. I had the same issue on one of my lines. Public Mobile will contact you if there is an issue with the port (wrong info etc.).

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I assume this is still part of the porting process. I remember experiencing this when I ported from Bell. There's an outgoing call, incoming and outgoing text, data but my incoming call was automatically directed to the voicemail. It just means that porting hasn't been completed yet. It's still processing. Just wait. 

Need Help? Let's chat.