cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

grannyhp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband broke his phone. We are trying to use a different phone with his SIM card on Public

16 REPLIES 16

@grannyhp try removing the sim and reinserting it. maybe give the sim card slot a little blow and also make sure the gold contacts on the sim card are clean

@Satton420 wrote:

You can tell the chat bots in this thread. They will update your new IMEI number

Customers can't tell the chat bot anything. SIMon is a automated assistant and is only there to give advice about generic issues and questions. Further, Public Mobile doesn't need to know the IMEI of the new device being used.

The people replying in this thread aren't bots either. They are real people.

Satton420

You can tell the chat bots in this thread. They will update your new IMEI number

@grannyhp  That message means that the phone is blacklisted there's nothing wrong with the sim.

What type of phone is it? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@grannyhp wrote:

Bell assured me it is unlocked 

When you insert you PM SIM card to your new phone, if your new phone is locked by Bell, it will ask you to enter the unlocked code, enter your unlock code carefully as you have only 10 tries.  That is all you need to unlock your phone.

@grannyhp what is the make and model of your phone?

Have you rebooted the phone after entering the unlock code?

Have you tried resetting the network settings?

grannyhp

Bell assured me it is unlocked 

grannyhp

bell gave me a code. Says it is now unlocked 

@grannyhp 

@grannyhp wrote:

I have the SIM card and an account. Just need to register the different phone. When I try using it, it says “not registered on network “

@grannyhp you need the phone unlocked from previous provider 

@grannyhp 

@grannyhp  no IMEI is needed.

Where is the 2015 phone from?. If it's from Telus or Koodo. Than it should work as Telus owns Public Mobile. If it's from another company you would have to contact that company to get the unlock code to unlock it (if it is locked to that network)

If it's a Samsung phone you can also go to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them for the code.

The message you're receiving means your phone is locked to whatever provider it came from.

grannyhp

It won’t work

grannyhp

I have the SIM card and an account. Just need to register the different phone. When I try using it, it says “not registered on network “

@grannyhp  no IMEI is needed

grannyhp

It’s not new. 2015 phone

grannyhp

I need to give Public the new imei

I don’t know how

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You can. Just take sim out of old phone and put it in the new one.

Is new one unlocked? And you also need to ensure it has the proper band/frequencies.

Most sims are 3 punch. So if it's a bigger sim like micro on old phone and newer phone needs a nano sim see if you can punch it out.

shopping.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.