cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Feature Idea

HalfClap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Instead of those crappy badges we get for '3 subject post!' and 'First Bravo!', we should really be getting badges that focus on how long you've been missing service.

Public Mobile should give out '3 weeks without service!' or 'failed port!' or 'Triple charged credit card!' badges.  I think that way we can all have more badges, and compare our wounds inflicted by this 'company'.

8 REPLIES 8

HalfClap
I had phone service for 3 months prior to this. Not sure why it was suddenly cut. Yes I've paid my bills.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HalfClap wrote:

Yes, multiple issues, multiple posts.  Multiple twitter / facebook tags.  Email.  Phone call.  Private messages.  Tags in posts.  8 Days no reply.  When I get to 10 days without a reply from public mobile, will I get a badge?

As an aside, I did not have the credit card issue.  All my phone calls / voice mails are blocked.  Not sure how I could have screwed that one up. Yes, i've restarted my phone. Yes, i have a long distance plan.  No, i haven't moved locations.

Serious question:

Is it possible that during your activation you accidentally picked the wrong home location (not sure if this is possible or not as I assume that you can pick anywhere in the province and I would assume it would work)...

...But what if you picked a home locale out of the province youa re currently standing in?

(again, a serious question)

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HalfClap wrote:

Instead of those crappy badges we get for '3 subject post!' and 'First Bravo!', we should really be getting badges that focus on how long you've been missing service.

Public Mobile should give out '3 weeks without service!' or 'failed port!' or 'Triple charged credit card!' badges.  I think that way we can all have more badges, and compare our wounds inflicted by this 'company'.

For some, this would like getting a Dunce Cap.

Some have had very legitimate issues; some are at fault themselves.

On a serious note: I am actually a bit surprised that there is not an official step by step tutorial posted.  Many have had 100% successful activations and ports, but they cannot really say for certain what they did right (or more importantly what others have done wrong).  As a result people are posting what they did that worked, not really knowing which aspects were required, and which were not.

When we go to a kiosk to have our accounts changed, the people do this day in and out therefore know exactly how to switch people around and port numbers (as well as knowing the little gotchas when porting from various providers).  We do not.

I do not expect anyone at PM to hand hold me (thus the reduced costs which I love); but an official KB (posted by a mod) would help so many.

edit:

I did find this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

But if you read it, the instructions are vague and loosey goosey (e.g. provide one of 3 of this info). I provided all 3 and it worked, so I would suggest (incorrectly) to do all 3. There should be a definitive Provide this and this or that. And if providing this, ensure that it is typed in like this. etc...

I also note that the screen shot does not have the "I am auth." radio button clicked

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You might lol But let's not let that happen. I'm hoping for a resolution today.

HalfClap

Yes, multiple issues, multiple posts.  Multiple twitter / facebook tags.  Email.  Phone call.  Private messages.  Tags in posts.  8 Days no reply.  When I get to 10 days without a reply from public mobile, will I get a badge?

As an aside, I did not have the credit card issue.  All my phone calls / voice mails are blocked.  Not sure how I could have screwed that one up. Yes, i've restarted my phone. Yes, i have a long distance plan.  No, i haven't moved locations.

XJin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I was going to say that.

Like "Credit card with 15 digtits" "Wrong account number" "Refreshing browser during payment processing" etc...

Rockdaddy22
For example, a badge for the person that made the most credit card transactions before phoning the card issuer to see if the charges actually went through.

On a serious note. I really do hope we can get your issue solved today. Things have been a little better around here this week.

Rockdaddy22
Should we get badges for all the mistakes we make as users?

Have you started a thread about your issue? Hopefully we can get your issue solved today.
Need Help? Let's chat.