cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was thinking that public mobile could make additional revenue by adding some add-ons for us:

- Voicemail to Text

- Name ID

- Wifi Calling

- option to set money aside in the account and order a phone when needed or pick up from a       Telus/Koodo store

- base plan where  you pay full price example 6 gb and you only use 4gb get refunded for the 2g not used (couple dollar refund at next renewal)

- unlimited mobile to mobile calling with Telus family brands. This way if you don't have unlimited minutes or Canada wide calling you wouldn't need to purchase minute buckets

5 REPLIES 5

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

I thought PM got name display also in 2017.  Am I dreaming?

I believe CNAM is available nationwide.  It became available in Alberta in August 2017 on TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile (had to scare up an old thread to jog my memory on when I started seeing it!)

I thought PM got name display also in 2017.  Am I dreaming?

@srlawrenI can see the point in a $15 unlimited Telus Family calling upgrade vs paying $15 for 400 long distance minutes

I don't know if anyone would want it though

Also Telus does have name display now

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brent_liza wrote:

- base plan where  you pay full price example 6 gb and you only use 4gb get refunded for the 2g not used (couple dollar refund at next renewal)

- unlimited mobile to mobile calling with Telus family brands. This way if you don't have unlimited minutes or Canada wide calling you wouldn't need to purchase minute buckets

@brent_liza a further thought on these last two:

- PM really doesn't refund in general, it's not in their pre-paid DNA.  That said, they are actually fairly generous at the recurring rewards you can earn. 

Namely, Per month: 

• $2 for doing nothing but setting up AutoPay so you never have to remember to pay your bill yourself
  • $1 for every year of staying with the company, starting in year 2
  • $1 for each friend or family you sign up
  • up to $6 a month for helpful participation here in the community. 
  • Not bad.... Hypothetically with enough referrals, you could end up with totally free servcies (yes, this is allowed!).

- Honestly, by the time you'd pay for a mobile-to-mobile add-on on top of the $10 base plan, most people would probably do better with the $25 unlimited Canada-wide talk + unlimited texting option, or the $30 unlimited Canada-wide talk + unlimited texting + 500MB "3G" speed data plan. 

Either of these options take away the need to worry about counting your minutes--and texts--and not just with people in the Telus family but with anyone in Canada with whom you would like to talk.  [Honestly, I've always despised in-network whitelisting;  calling is cheap, just offer unlimited to any number in Canada!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brent_liza as interesting as these ideas are, you are sadly barking up the wrong tree.  Public Mobile is the no-frills entry-level brand for the Telus family and, unfortunately, is unlikely to introduce any of those features any time soon, if ever.  

@brent_liza wrote:

I was thinking that public mobile could make additional revenue by adding some add-ons for us:

- Voicemail to Text

- Name ID

- Wifi Calling

Well, sister brand Koodo doesn't have these yet.  With the exception of WiFi calling, I'm not evne sure that these are available at the top-tier Telus brand either.  So, possible, but not any time soon.  Not until after Koodo gets them, at least.

@brent_liza wrote:

option to set money aside in the account and order a phone when needed or pick up from a       Telus/Koodo store

PM has zero interest in selling you phone hardware.  You may have noticed a number of Koodo migration offers around here lately?  This is one of the benfits they tout of moving up the food chain to the middle tier brand, is access to hardware sales and tabs.  As for putting aside money in the account, Fido used to do that but discontinued it a few years ago.  I think Koodo also did and stopped.  Tabs are the now and the forseeable future, sadly.

Sorry, I just don't see these happening.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but do not get your hopes up.  We've been waiting years for basic usability and bug fix issues.  These features are just not happening anytime soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.