cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please help sos he he he

I want to set my dad up with a new phone and a plan.

Can someone help me to choose a plan and phone combo.

He just needs to call me my mom and some friends and family.

Thank you,.

12 REPLIES 12

Some dinosaurs are happy with cheap "dump" flip-phones. Limited or Unlimited Talk, maybe but probably not any Text, no Data, nothing else.

Other dinosaurs need iPhones and FaceTime. Along with enough mobile Data to use it away from home, a decent camera, "smart" enough software to automate the complications of software updates and facebook logins, etc.

SpeakOut is good if you want cheap rarely-used always-available phone. Sort of seems like a trap to me, doing the math, but there is a talk-usage niche that it fills better than PM's $15 (or $25) plans.

The PM plans will collect Rewards, though. AutoPay discount. Eventually Loyalty, maybe some Referrals. And they can be suspended/reactivated/changed any time without added costs. I'd say PM vs SpeakOut is close but PM has long-term advantage - and if you can activate with a decent promo then PM gains immediate advantage as well.

Left discussion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamLove wrote:

Tellus?

Yes. Telus. The owner of this place. They have a pre-paid plan for $10. Places like Speakout from 7-Eleven might have even cheaper plans. I haven't looked in a while.

Shop the plan that fulfills the consumption requirements. Not everybody needs unlimited everything. Far from it.

AdamLove

Tellus?

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are decisions only you can make.

An el cheapo flip phone. The cheapest plan that would cover their actual consumption needs. The $15 plan here may still be more than they need. Telus has some cheap pre-paid offerings. Quite similar to the old $10 plan this place used to have.

AdamLove

I'd like to see the iPhones for dad

"Your" bubble does not apply. What phone bubble will your father and mother be in?

Unlimited calling can be had for $25 per 30 days.

AdamLove

I got a galaxy with mom but some of my bubble members got iPhones

What should I get

If your father is a senior and has never had a mobile phone, I would say the $15 plan to start with a couple of $5 500 minute add-ons. But be cautious as there might be some freebies coming up. 

If you are an Apple family...then an iPhone. If not what kind of phone do you have?  Get him the same or similar.....you know why?? He is going to be asking for help and best if you know what you are talking about. 

AdamLove

Sorry brother I just want the best for my dad

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamLove 

Seriously dude? You've been here a while. You know darn well where to look.

Need Help? Let's chat.