cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unavailable

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activated PM and ported from koodo yesterday and it all seemed to work fine. Right now (under 30min ago) however I completely lost all connectivity all of a sudden, I noticed my phone said sim is not provisioned and when I looked it was connected to Bell. Tried to manually force it to connect to PM and even did a phone reboot and even though it says it's connected to PM right now I get a message that the selected network is unavailable and get SOS. Not quite sure if there a problem with the network or something went wrong with my account (shows up as active under self serve).

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile, @tod!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tod

Thanks @Mary_M it seems to be sorted out now, hopefully this won't happen again in the future.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @tod, Mary left a few hours ago (5:30PM Eastern time).  Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the morning for an update (someone will be in at 9AM eastern).  Did you say your Bell account is still active?  If so, please continue to use your Bell SIM until you get an update.  Thank you for your patience!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tod

@Mary_M Is there any update or ETA on this? This is getting a bit ridiculous and frustrating as I have zero service all day. My line has been disconnected since this morning, not quite sure what shortly means but it's been over 5hours since you last replied.

APN settings are unrelated to any situations in which a customer is uanble to connnect to the network at all.

APN settings only control data services.

My guess would be a possible network issue.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey  @tod

Thank for raising concern, we have already submitted a ticket for this and it will be resolved shortly - hang in there!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tod

@Mary_M I sent a PM with my account details, let me know if you need any further information. Thanks!

jamestneutron

1 Sim slot is probably only for 2G calling....try to place your PM Sim in the 4G sim card slot to restart your phone.

tod

As I said, nothing to do with the phone, I get 6ut2 the number is not in service. That was happening yesterday before I ported my number and something had to be fixed on the backend by PM. My guess is something went wrong again after the port. Can @Mary_M @Shazia_K or @Saray_O help out please?

adv1sory
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried shutting off your phone and using the Public Mobile sim only and removing the second one? If I recall, I read somewhere that the second sim can interfere with the frequencies....

tod

When I call my number it says it's not in service so that rules out anything to do with my phone. Can a moderator please assist ASAP as I basically have no service. Thanks

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

in this case one of the moderators have to look into your account...

have you tried taking the 2nd sim card out and put the PM sim card into it's place instead? i used to have a Huawei Y625 and the 2nd sim card slot would only operate on a certain frequency whereas the primary would operate on higher one's....

it could be a network error or a faulty sim card ...... so best would be to eliminate all possibilities ..makes it easier for the moderators

@Shazia_K

tod

Well I didn't do anything, has nothing to do with the APN as I cannot connect to the network at all, says unable to register to the network right now, please try again later. The phone detects the SIM just fine and I can read the SIM info, since I have a dual sim phone I enabled the second sim that I use for travel and it connects just fine. I just reseated the sim tray as you suggested but seems to make no difference whatsoever...

@jheili99 wrote:

hi..it could mean many things..

disconnected by PM......loose sim card ( please take out and re-insert ) ..... also check your APN settings......

if noting helps have a moderator look into you account @Shazia_K

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..it could mean many things..

disconnected by PM......loose sim card ( please take out and re-insert ) ..... also check your APN settings......

if noting helps have a moderator look into you account @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.