cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Post Blocked

Awi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What did I do wrong? I'd like to correct whatever I did wrong so that it won't be auto marked as spam.Spam.png

11 REPLIES 11

Awi

@Kristowhy wrote:

You are better off with a Moto G Pure or Moto G Play which are frequently on sale for sub $200.  Guaranteed band support, warranty, clean Android and no sketchy OS images

Thank you so much for this advice.  I will look into it.  I thank you again, because honestly I am so clueless.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Awi wrote:

@Kristowhy Thank you for the warning, I appreciate it as I know it is very good advice.  Without details, I have no choice but must go as cheap as possible.

You are better off with a Moto G Pure or Moto G Play which are frequently on sale for sub $200.  Guaranteed band support, warranty, clean Android and no sketchy OS images

Awi

@Kristowhy Thank you for the warning, I appreciate it as I know it is very good advice.  Without details, I have no choice but must go as cheap as possible.

Awi

@computergeek541 

Hmm that's strange because I posted that same website again in one of my replies and it's showing.

It's an excellent reference site.

What site doesn't have ads? Can you say ad-blocker?

@Awi wrote:

What is gsmarena?  Is it a tool for checking compatibility?

It's just a general website with information about phoen devices.  They likely also receive advertising revenue when people visit the website.

Awi

What is gsmarena?  Is it a tool for checking compatibility?

Awi

Uh oh, I'm scratching my head again. The link you provided shows different frequency bands to https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09DV1DRDW/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1 But it seems like the same phone to me.

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My 2 cents ....cheap overseas phones are a bad idea.  It's a crap shoot between spotty band support, flakey hardware, inexistent warranty and questionable software.  

@Awi wrote:

What did I do wrong? I'd like to correct whatever I did wrong so that it won't be auto marked as spam.Spam.png

I see this likely because of the linking of a website that advertises a product.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't know why it got marked. But you got it in here. Clever you. 🙂

https://blackview.life/products/blackview-a80s

This seems to show that it would be fine for 3G here. But not very useful for 4G LTE.

gsmarena agrees.

Need Help? Let's chat.