cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

Jway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to know why both phones that I have with Public Mobile, have stopped sending MMS pictures. 

-We do pay for the service:  Public Mobile  $25.00 X2, per month. 

-It was working directly after Public Mobile had been initiated, for a few days.  

-The data is turned on both phones.

There isn't any reason why it should suddenly be disabled by Public Mobile, after working perfectly correctly once Public Mobile SIM had been installed/initiated. 

Please resolve.

9 REPLIES 9

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jway 

• try toggling airplane mode on/off
  • try to delete the cache 
  1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap More settings at the upper right hand (three-dot icon).
  4. Tap Show system apps.
  5. Find the messaging app you’re using and tap it.
  6. Tap Storage.
  7. Tap CLEAR CACHE.
  8. Restart your S8 and check for the problem.

• try deleting data( this will delete your messages and reset your messages app to default) you can backup your messages before hand
  1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap More settings at the upper right hand (three-dot icon).
  4. Tap Show system apps.
  5. Find the messaging app you’re using and tap it.
  6. Tap Storage.
  7. Tap CLEAR DATA.
  8. Restart your S8 and check for the problem.

Jway

Thank you, all.  I tried resetting as per instructions.  Also, taking out the SIM again, replacing and restarting.  But, it still not working. I'll send for more help, thank you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jway wrote:

I would like to know why both phones that I have with Public Mobile, have stopped sending MMS pictures. 

-We do pay for the service:  Public Mobile  $25.00 X2, per month. 

-It was working directly after Public Mobile had been initiated, for a few days.  

-The data is turned on both phones.

There isn't any reason why it should suddenly be disabled by Public Mobile, after working perfectly correctly once Public Mobile SIM had been installed/initiated. 

Please resolve.

Hi @Jway , please try the suggestions as others are posting and see if that fixes your problem. I hope it does!

If it does not you can contact the Moderator_Team to look into it by using this link.

@Jway  Also make sure the APN Type contains mms as part of the string. If it doesn't just add it at the end of the current string as follows:

,mms

@Jway did you try the network reset? Restart you phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. ...
  2. Navigate: Settings > General management. ...
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Tap Reset settings.
  5. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap Reset again to confirm.

Jway

Android.  Samsung, S8.  

I have taken the SIM card out and then replaced it then restarted the phone.  

Still not working. 

Thank you to the others, for chiming in.  Much appreciated. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jway  iPhones or Android?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jway try a network reset and restart your phones if they don't automatically do so. Stay safe 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jway Check your self-service account. Is it active? Autopay mail fails, so your account could be suspended. Maybe need to do manual payment. Try restarting your phone as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.