cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Refer a Friend Reward

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a notice last week indicating that I am losing a refer a friend reward, but I spoke to everyone that I referred to PM and everyone still has active phone numbers/plans with PM.

I saw a few posts from others that have had similar issues; the solution seemed to be send a message to a mod to have it sorted. However when I did that the response I received was as follows:

"Thank you for reaching out to us! I understand your concern in regards to your refer a friend reward inquiry, and I'd gladly look into this matter.

For security purposes, could you please provide me, for the 3 accounts, with the account numbers as well as either the PIN codes or the following: plan details, birth date, email address linked to the accounts, and complete mailing addresses with the postal code? The answers must match those in the accounts. "

I dont think it's reasonable to ask those details for other people's accounts...I could understand if they asked for the phone numbersof those I referred, and to confirm my personal details to confirm/verify my account, but I think this is a bit much.... Am I alone in thinking this?

4 REPLIES 4

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rsa wrote:

I received a notice last week indicating that I am losing a refer a friend reward, but I spoke to everyone that I referred to PM and everyone still has active phone numbers/plans with PM.

Do you have access to any of the accounts which referred you?  Or are they friendly enough that you could trouble them to try something for you?

It seems to be a glitch in the system.  When this happened to me, and all my referrals seemingly became inactive (even though I know they were active accounts), I happened to have 1 account (my son's) which was under my control and which contributed to my referral rewards.  It had been suspended (on purpose, because my son had lost the phone), and by re-activating it, it kick-started its referral status but also those of my referred friends which had inexplicably gone inactive (I got a new SMS for each referred friend, congratulating me of the successful referral).

So what I'm suggesting is that if one of your friends is able to go through the process of temporarily suspending their service (from Self-Serve portal, selecting Plan and Add-Ons -> Lost/Stolen Phone -> Suspend Service -> Confirm, waiting a few minutes, and then clicking on Resume Service --> Confirm from that screen).

Alternatively, because of the current $25/$25 referral bonus, it might even be worthwhile to activate a new line and refer yourself, and see if that kick-starts the referrals.  Shouldn't have to jump through such hoops, but it seems we're all needing to come up with bags of tricks to workaround the glitches...

Rewards also fall off due to inactivity (but will get re-added once they renew again)

You should be able to see your rewards listed to match the numbers against

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rsa wrote:

For security purposes, could you please provide me, for the 3 accounts, with the account numbers as well as either the PIN codes or the following: plan details, birth date, email address linked to the accounts, and complete mailing addresses with the postal code? The answers must match those in the accounts. "

Yes, they should not ask you for other people's account info. They are trying to verify the referred parties info and we were told previously that authorization from the referred person is needed. If you don't want to provide those details, you should tell your friends who were referrred by you to send their details with the explanation. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rsa

Let check which referral was removed from your account.

1.  Login to your self-serve account

2.  Click on the "My Rewards" link on the overview page.

3.  Click on the solid black triangle on the left of "Total Rewards earned" 2 times to show you the list of referrals of your friends' phone number.  From this list, you will know which referral is missing.  You only have to provide 1 referral information.  Instead of asking your friend for the PIN# extra, try your luck just supply the phone number and account number.  The next moderator may accept phone and account number. YMMV

Need Help? Let's chat.