cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using data

chantalcb74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

EDIT: my iOS is up to date, and the issue with maxing out data was in my previous billing cycle. Haven’t been able to use any this month. 

For the last several weeks I have had issues using data. 

I noticed this issue began when my home wifi was down and I (believe) I maxed out my data usage then turned off my data for the rest of my billing cycle. I have an iPhone XR it’s about 6 months old. 

when I’m on data it says I’m on LTE but no apps (example email, instagram, google) will load when trying to refresh the page. However, iMessage works. 
I have tried resetting network settings and tested my SIM card ... put in a ticket also but they haven’t been able to resolve this. 

Please help! 

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@chantalcb74 wrote:

I noticed this issue began when my home wifi was down and I (believe) I maxed out my data usage then turned off my data for the rest of my billing cycle. I have an iPhone XR it’s about 6 months old. 

when I’m on data it says I’m on LTE but no apps (example email, instagram, google) will load when trying to refresh the page. However, iMessage works. 
I have tried resetting network settings and tested my SIM card ... put in a ticket also but they haven’t been able to resolve this. 

Please help! 

As you used all data, your apps that use internet aren't supposed to work.  iMessage could be sending messages by SMS. Public Mobile data stops working when you run out. It doesn't work ar slower speed and there no usage charges to allow you to keep going. You have to buy a data add-on.

devraj5698
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this issue lately, for me restarting my phone helped. Hopefully this solves your issue.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@chantalcb74 wrote:

Please help! 

Hi @chantalcb74 according to this article https://www.technobezz.com/common-iphone-xr-issues-and-their-fixes/

If there is something wrong with the Wi-Fi or if the LTE towers are not working properly, the network preferences on the device may have gone seriously wrong. If you are looking forward to enjoying the network with a fresh start, you have to follow the steps as recommended.

1. Launch the Settings
  2. Tap General and Reset
  3. Tap on the Reset Network Settings with the passcode if needed.

Edited:  I see that you had already done a network reset and still have the problem.  Then it could be iOS14 bugs and performance issues per this article 

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-ios-14-performance/

Restart Your iPhone

If you start noticing UI lag or another performance issue on your iPhone, try restarting it. Power it down, leave it off for a minute, and the turn it back on.

Update Your iPhone

Apple will periodically release new iOS 14 software. Point updates (x.x.x) are usually focused on fixing bugs while milestone upgrades (x.x) usually deliver a mix of features and fixes.

While Apple might not call out performance fixes in an update’s change log, new software always has the potential to help (or hurt) your iPhone’s overall performance.

I hope this helps.  Cheers!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chantalcb74  - do you have the latest iOS version for your phone? If not, update it.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@chantalcb74 can you login to your self serve and check to see if you have data remaining? if it doesn't say anything in your "overview" tab. then you've used it all up

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chantalcb74 wrote:

Please help! 

How are the signals in your area?

Has any outages been reported?

Outage Map:

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/

Need Help? Let's chat.