cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting number

patwoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ported the number at around 10AM today (Nov 19) and it is still not ported. And my previous provider already dropped my account.

I emailed through 'Get Help' this afternoon, but no response yet. 

Just wondering if I should PM the moderator directly.

14 REPLIES 14

denni1027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Gee, no luck. I guess I have to wait for the Moderators.

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I ported, I used my landline as an alternate number.  Try using a number that has the same area code as the number you're porting.  

denni1027

I have tried numerous times and followed all the instructions I can get but no luck. I can't pass by "Alternate Phone " which I know is valid. I'm not even aiming for the promo now. I hope they can fix my issues.

Thanks

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Register the SIMs with a new number and complete the port on Monday

Keep in mind that it is the weekend.  Moderators have lives too and don't live here 24/7

I'm not sure what access they have to the system or network, but I doubt they can do anything outside of business hours.

denni1027

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue with porting since Friday and also sent a message to the moderators.

The deadline for the promo is today and I hope it can be resolved. 2 SIM cards to activate.

Thanks

cherieqwyu
I tried many time activating as a new number and port an existing number in. Both are not working and I got stuck at some stage. Can public mobile representative just help activate my sim card for me please?

cherieqwyu
Same region/province issue. Im still not able to select region after i clicked to choose a new number. I tried clearing cookied and still wont work. What should I do?? Pleae help.

sammiec

sammiec

Hi there, 

Tried to port my number over from Rogers got a error message "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" so I tried to create a new number but I was unable to select a city/region and couldn't continue to activate SIM. 

Resolved

patwoo

A little frustrating that it didn't go smooth.

But I can appreciate that the mod must be running off their feet with this promo.

Kylam1015
Same thing happened to me, pm'd a moderator this morning but no response yet too.

patwoo

I got an email from my previous provider to confirm that I canceled the service right after the I ported the number. Now my phone number no longer work.

Will PM moderator. Thanks for the quick response.

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Closed account from the previous provider means they did the job. Talk to moderator to sort out from PM side.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I would do that but just know they aren't on until tomorrow now.  How come your previous provider has closed your account?  You didn't close that account did you?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.