cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

chrisdouble
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ! 
I just received my Sim Card that I purchased on public mobile website. Now that I try to activate it says : invalid SIM. Did this happed to anyone yet ?

5 REPLIES 5

@jlarocque96 wrote:

@chrisdouble 

Good luck! And Welcome to Public mobile! Private message me if you need anything 😉 

@jlarocque96 WOW! this is waaaay beyond the call of duty.  Private message you?  why?

Fellow customers who have problems or issues on Public Mobile service, can easily ask help in the community.  Stay in the forums so we can all help and learn from each other.

Stay safe

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @chrisdouble ,

Yes, happened to me when I activated. 

I was not completing the activation in a timely manner and I believe i back-up to a previous window once or twice. The website does not like this. So it will likely work if you wait 50 mins (as @computergeek541 posted), and try it again through opening a tab in incognito mode.

If you passed the payment section, was your credit card charged? If so, insert your SIM and see if you have service.

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@chrisdouble 

Had the same problem . I was trying to run the activation in chrome incognito. 

1. Open Microsoft explorer

2. Copy all info from chrome (if you still have the window open you can use hotkeys) cntl-c and cntl-v.

3. Proceed with activation once all info entered. 

4. Wait and don't click away, mine took 2 mins to load to the next step. 

5. Follow rest of the steps. 

Good luck! And Welcome to Public mobile! Private message me if you need anything 😉 

@chrisdouble wrote:

Hi ! 
I just received my Sim Card that I purchased on public mobile website. Now that I try to activate it says : invalid SIM. Did this happed to anyone yet ?

Is this the first time that you've tried. Usually this means that a mistake was made in typing the number or that someone started the activation process but didn't finish. It could also mean that the SIM card number has been used before. To know for sure, you'll have to wait 50 minutes and then try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.