cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM but payment taken

georgetteod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I was trying to activate my SIM card, but at the last step, it gave me an error and I had to start all over again. However, when I retried, it said the SIM card was invalid. I checked my credit card and I’ve been charged the monthly plan fee, but I can’t finish the activation.

I’ve sent a PM to the Mods (I hope I did it correctly) but I haven’t heard back from them 7 hours later, and I really want to take advantage of the online promo that expires in two days.

Should I keep waiting, or should I try activating again, and get a refund on the original charge later?

Thx in advance for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

georgetteod

Thx, I hope so too

georgetteod

I hope so! That would make sense, we’ll see what happens I guess... thx

@georgetteod wrote:

That’s true, I’m in a rush but at the same time I don’t want the hassle of trying to reverse an extra charge.

Thx, I’ll just have to be patient. Stinks that I might lose the promotion, but oh well.

I think you should be fine with the promotion.  If the moderator team are unable to get you up and running in time, they would make up for it anyway as this process started in time.  Not a great start, but hopefully things are corrected at the earliest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georgetteodI don't think you will lose out on any promotion.  If your payment was already taken for a promo eligible plan, you should get your promo.  I'm reasonably sure that if the system messed up, the moderators will 'make it right' for you.

georgetteod

That’s true, I’m in a rush but at the same time I don’t want the hassle of trying to reverse an extra charge.

Thx, I’ll just have to be patient. Stinks that I might lose the promotion, but oh well.

Since payment was taken

@georgetteod wrote:

Hi all,

I was trying to activate my SIM card, but at the last step, it gave me an error and I had to start all over again. However, when I retried, it said the SIM card was invalid. I checked my credit card and I’ve been charged the monthly plan fee, but I can’t finish the activation.

I’ve sent a PM to the Mods (I hope I did it correctly) but I haven’t heard back from them 7 hours later, and I really want to take advantage of the online promo that expires in two days.

Should I keep waiting, or should I try activating again, and get a refund on the original charge later?

Thx in advance for your help.

@georgetteod wrote:

Hi all,

Since payment was charged, the sim card will have been linked to the account and can't be used again. I suspect that if wanted to get service working immediately, that you'd have to get a new sim card.   In addition, that would present the problem that you will have ended up being charged twice.

If you're not in a hurry to get your Public Mobile service up and running, I would just wait it out and wait for the moderators to properly finish the activation for you.   Sometimes, the timing of things works out to be funny in the sense that you'd go out and get a new sim card and activate, but then the moderators could message you back an hour later with the original account all fixed up.

georgetteod

Hi, I did try logging in and it said that there is no such account. So I doesn’t seem to have finished creating the account.

So I guess I should just be patient and wait?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@georgetteod, regarding the moderator wait time, the current 'norm' for initial response is somewhere around 48 hours.  If your credit card has already been charged the cost of your plan, then I wouldn't restart the activation process.  you would likely be charged again.

Did you check to see if your self serve account was created?  Can you log in?

Need Help? Let's chat.