cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial activation fee

Shuchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've signed up for the $25/month plan. I was charged $28 on my credit card while I see the charge is supposed to be $25 in "My Account". Which one is the correct charge? My husband signed up at the same time and was charged $25 for the first payment. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

@Shuchen wrote:

Hi,

I've signed up for the $25/month plan. I was charged $28 on my credit card while I see the charge is supposed to be $25 in "My Account". Which one is the correct charge? My husband signed up at the same time and was charged $25 for the first payment. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance!

While there is supposed to be tax on top fo the $25, there is a bug that has affected some online actrivations.  This bug causes the payment system to forget to charge sales tax on the initial plan payment. I don't think anyone has ever figured out the reasoning behind this, but know that if your husband only paid $25 and that's the charge that showed up on his credit card, he was undercharged.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At sign-up, everyone has to pay the full plan price ($25) + taxes.

Your tax rate depends on which province you have your phone number.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Shuchen it's $25 +applicable taxes per person . It looks like they charged you $25+12% tax rate for $28 and they somehow only charged your husband $25. Did you sign up on a promotion that saved you the tax on the second activation?.

@Shuchen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shuchen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

You must be living in BC with combined tax rate of 12%.  $25 x 1.12 = $28

Check your husband's cc account online what he paid.  It shoud be also $28.

Please note that the fund showing in PM account is without tax $25.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shuchen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

@Shuchen   

Welcome to PM

The charge should be $25+ taxes

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.