cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Data Through Text Message?

Slushie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a friend that wants to get a cheap cell phone plan for their nephew. But one that is impossible for them to go over the plan's limits.

I know on some providers, if you reach your data limit they let you send a text to them like "yes" or reply to an automative text message to go over your data. Does Public Mobile do this?

As far as I know they don't. I think the only way to increase your data, or buy an addon is to login to the self-serve portal or know your pin and dial 611. Is this correct?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

CJ_in_Chilli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Slushie wrote:

I have a friend that wants to get a cheap cell phone plan for their nephew. But one that is impossible for them to go over the plan's limits.

I know on some providers, if you reach your data limit they let you send a text to them like "yes" or reply to an automative text message to go over your data. Does Public Mobile do this?

As far as I know they don't. I think the only way to increase your data, or buy an addon is to login to the self-serve portal or know your pin and dial 611. Is this correct?

Thanks

@Slushie  I think that you wanted to confirm that adding data through was not possible right? Otherwise it would be defeating the purpose and your friend's nephew could just incur extra charges and run up a nice surprise bill.

Lucky mobile (Bell network) is a bit more expensive, has no rewards per say and their promise of a slower connection after quota is used up doesn't deliver, it just stops too. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Master2000 wrote:

One of cheapest provider and you have Telus excellent coverage.

AutoPay option gives $2/month credit.
Plus $1/month Loyalty Reward after 1 year, up to $5/month after 5 years.

Agree.  Our plan getting cheaper every year for doing nothing and just stay with PM.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of cheapest provider and you have Telus excellent coverage.

AutoPay option gives $2/month credit.
Plus $1/month Loyalty Reward after 1 year, up to $5/month after 5 years.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah wrote:

PM is a great provider for kids phones like this. $15 plan or $25 plan will work for most of them. 

Agree.  PM has answered parents' prayer everywhere to control kids phone bill without overage charges. amen...

PM is a great provider for kids phones like this. $15 plan or $25 plan will work for most of them. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Slushie 

You are correct.  Unable to buy data add on via text message.  

Only by dialing 611 or accessing self service account.  No overages or extra charges.  Once you run out of data, it just stops working.  

Need Help? Let's chat.