cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing Charge

Korz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont know how anyone on here can help but here goes!

I currently have the 40$ plan. I have the autopay bonus and a refer a friend bonus.This should bring my bill total WITH rewards to 37$.

I was being charged this fine up until Christmas month when i added the amazing free add ons (the extra data and long distance).

Now that those are gone (yes I have checked and I have 0 add ons), I am being charged 42.50$. 

I have verified on my page i still have the 40$ plan, and my bonus' are still listed as active. 

This is the third month of being overcharged and i am not sure who to contact to get it rectified or to even figure out whats going on, help!

7 REPLIES 7

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Korz oh the infamous tax man. Confusion sets in when we dont pay what we thought we were going to pay. On the bright side you are pay less than you would with BELL or Rogers 🙂

@Korz 

Is it possible you were receiving a discount offer available early last year?

It provided new activations with a $5 or $10 discount (can't recall) for 8 months following activation?

The BEST way to tell is to refer to your self-serve payment history.   It will outline all charges, rewards, and payments made to the account.

If after review, it seems you've been over-charged, you can contact a Moderator and ask them to review the charges:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Korz

Yes I know how tax works in my province thank you for your replies!

I went on to my banking to make sure my memory wasnt failing me.

I was charged exactly 38$ for nov and oct. 

December when i added the add ons and my sister it went to 42.50$.

Mind you jan was 46.50$ and back to 42.50 this month.

Looking before oct, none of the charges are the same. 

I think im going to redo my plan as something has to be messed up with all the inconsistency. 

Cant believe i am only noticing now. 

Honestly i dont use much data so i probably shouldnt be paying so much anyways. 

Thanks again for the effort in your replies!

@Korz wrote:

I was being charged exactly 38$ until my December billing period. I got my sister to sign up and got the refer a friend bonus, that is when it changed to 42.50$.

Would removing her change it back?

I believe I'm following you, @Korz 

When you say you were being "charged exactly $38", do you mean if you looked at the payment card associated with the account, the EXACT amount charged to the payment card is displaying as $38?

OR are you seeing the amount showing on your Public Mobile self-serve listed as $38, thus presuming that's the amount that was charged to your payment card?  

If the latter, that's normal as the amounts displayed for all payments and plan charges are NET before applicable tax.

Please confirm which payment record you're referencing and kindly double-check the payment card statement amount vs the account payment history record.  You should see the difference in the amounts are due to tax.

EDIT:   To place this into greater context, if your Provincial tax rate is 15%:

• before the referral, with the auto-pay credit, the amount charged to card should have been about $43.70
  • after the referral, with the auto-pay credit, the amount charged to card should have been about $42.55

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korz wrote:

I was being charged exactly 38$ until my December billing period. I got my sister to sign up and got the refer a friend bonus, that is when it changed to 42.50$.

@Korz  hi it is your taxes removing her has nothing to do with it 😁

Korz

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Korz 

The amount of the plans are NET, the amount charged to payment cards are inclusive of applicable tax for the Province registered.

I might presume the amount of your Provincial tax is approximately 15%

Need Help? Let's chat.