cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete number port

phalko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Initiated a port of my number from Wind last night. My phone updated fairly quickly to the new number, can make outgoing calls. Incoming calls still go to Wind. Can someone poke the system? @Shazia_K

(Will be setting up Wife's phone today as well, hopefully that goes a bit more smoothly 🙂 )

14 REPLIES 14

cal800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem too. I PMed a mod and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

@aniruddhp wrote:

hi i recieved my number got ported but i cannot recieve calls. my phone number is 51  account number from previous provider is 7

You don't want to be posting your phone number and account number like that.  If someone wanted to, someone/anyone could port your number out to another carrier, even for silly reasons as a practical joke.  That would create a whole mess to clean up.

aniruddhp

hi i recieved my number got ported but i cannot recieve calls. my phone number is 5194988973  account number from previous provider is 778111906

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Wooge, 

I'm sorry about this, 

Please provide me with the following by responding to my PM: 

PM Sim card #: 

Number to port: 

Account number with the previous provider: 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

wooge

Hello,

I too have an incomplete port. Processed over a week ago. My PublicMobile account has the new number on it, but the porting didn't actually take (the SIM card with my previous service provider is still working).

@Shazia_K can you help me? 

StephanieD

@Shazia_K

I am having almost the same problem myself. I have sent a PM if you are able to help 🙂 

Thank you !!

Aria

@Shazia_K

Thank you, I have an appointment with my bank in a few minutes but I will report back to the forum as soon as I get back.

Thanks,

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Aria

I understand, well really sorry for that! 

For some reason, the port had failed  Smiley Frustrated I was able to quickly fix it for you. 

please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone Smiley Happy

@amanbil123, can you send @Mary_M a private message and follow on this with her? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Aria

@Shazia_K

I just did sent your a private with my account information.

My problem is that I cannot receive calls, I can make calls and use mobile data but there is no way to receive calls, I tried from any mobile number to call mine and it goes straight to wind voicemail.

I have sent 4 emails since Saturday, One got answered that activated my plan but none of the rest got answered, I used the web form to contact you and completed the wizard in full since I myself am a support engineer in a datacenter and know how frustrating it is for a support rep to receive a semi-complete support request so I completed the whole thing.

Thanks,

amanbil123

Im having the same issue. I have gotten in touch with Mary_M and she opened a ticket. Still waiting for the port to complete: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Partial-Porting-Failure/m-p/78110#M20158

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Aria

I'm sorry about that! 

When did you send your email request and where exactly? our email base support team are up to date with their email requests. 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and the exact issue that is happening right now. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Grant_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Aria I realize that the email process is a bit frustrating to say the least. You've come to the right place though. The mods here do a great job of fixing just about any problem, and do it quickly.

Edit: Wow, a 10 second bravo! New record😉 That's why I say they're timely.

Aria

Hello,

I'm having the EXACT same issue and sent 4 - 5 emails to your support since Saturday and no one is answering.

Its been 4+ days now that I'm left without the ability to receive calls from outside world.

Can you please take a look at mine too ?

Thanks,

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @phalko

I'm sorry to hear about the porting issue, 

I will be glad to look into this for you, can you please send me the following info via private: 

-Public Mobile Sim card #

-Wind phone  # to port

-Wind account #

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.