cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port(?)

siggyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

About 5 hours ago I activated my sim card and requested a number port from voip.ms. I received a text telling me my PIN, and I am able to make outgoing calls showing my ported number but for some reason I cannot receive calls, nor can I access my voicemail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Igor

4 REPLIES 4

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @siggyo

Sure we can look into this for you !

Can you please private message me the number you ported, as well as the account number associated to your old service provider?

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

siggyo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

On the 26th I received a text saying the porting procedure failed, telling me to contact support. I did, and was asked for a bunch of information regarding the port. I have not heard back and my number still isn't fully ported. I would appreciate it if someone could look into this for me.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @siggyo

As mentioned, porting from VOIP services takes at least 48 business hours.

If the port has not been completed by tomorrow evening, please let us know and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello @siggyo

@Porting from VoIP providers take up to 48 hours to complete, same as land lines.  This is a common issue, as it's not well advertised to the public.  Most ports from wireless providers are completed in 2 hours or less, so you'd be forgiven for thinking VoIP would be the same.

you unfortunately, may have to wait the entire 48 hours for this to happen.  If after 48 hours, you're still having problems, please come back and update.

i will tag the moderators in advance, to give them a heads up for you.  @Mary_M

Welcome to PublicMobile!!

Need Help? Let's chat.